Talent 100 (1 Viewer)

happyness

HSC
Hey do any of you guys on BoS go to talent 100?

I was just wondering if it's any good, and what kind of UAI it has helped achieve.

Edit: Oh and does anyone know what the fees are like?

Last edited:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
after reading some of the resources that they have put up, sounds like a dodgy deal to me. there are some really great tutoring colleges out there - talent 100 isn't one of them imo.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It seems to have all the 100 UAI kids in the past few years. I went to the website and read some sample resources on scaling system & English. It was very interesting to see how the scaling system can help you achieve high UAI (according to Richard Chua, another BoSer). It apparently costs a lot. I don't know. I have a feeling that it's going to be another Matrix or Prior. That's why I don't wish to attend.

kony

HSC
why do you assume that it's going to be another Matrix or Prior?

Since when did Matrix or Prior have that sort of expertise?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kony said:
why do you assume that it's going to be another Matrix or Prior?

Since when did Matrix or Prior have that sort of expertise?
I have been there and I know for sure that they hire ex-students with UAI over 99. However, it is wrong to have assumed, sorry about that.

richboychua

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
after reading some of the resources that they have put up, sounds like a dodgy deal to me. there are some really great tutoring colleges out there - talent 100 isn't one of them imo.
Dodgy? Have you even been to Talent 100?

Also, the rate is only $20/hr which is more than reasonable when compared to prior and matrix.

shaon0

HSC
I may attend Talent 100 in term 3 if it is not a great burden on my parents or I. but some people say its not too good and a private tutor is better

Last edited:

AnandDNA

HSC
yeh i read an article a while back on their site from Alex borowsky, and it was really interesting and detailed.
Oh and $20p/hr is a very reasonable rate for tutoring.

shaon0

HSC
Some people say that turoing and everything is a waste of time and it is better to just listen to the teacher in class. Is that true? because i know a couple of people who went solo in their HSC and did pretty well.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
shaon0 said:
Some people say that turoing and everything is a waste of time and it is better to just listen to the teacher in class. Is that true? because i know a couple of people who went solo in their HSC and did pretty well.
Those people often find resources on their own and have a lot of self discipline.
Most teachers are not very helpful in getting those high scores. Just listening and doing things in class is not enough. You need extra committment and discipline to do well in the HSC, whether that be independently studying (such as textbooks, online resources etc) or through a tutor. Every school (including Ruse - as I know of Mr Kowalski who teaches there lol) has some rather bad teachers...so it's not very helpful to just attend classes and listen to these teachers, so you must do a lot of things on your own to get ahead.

shaon0

HSC
I know there is a thread about this already but is this coaching centre very good?
Can any one gives some feedback about it, are the teachers and tutors very good and helpful?

shaon0

HSC
could you rewrite that sentence please..i still don't get wat you are trying to say.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)