MATHEMATICS.com.au (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
http://www.mathematics.com.au/

The concept is slightly similar to the Mathemagic Computer Tutor; there are crucial differences:

• No annoying radio ads
  • No annoying sales people trying to use Guilt psychology to suck in parents
  • No thousands of dollars put up front
  • You can choose how long lessons go for, and when
  • Worksheets with fully worked solutions
  • Engaging teacher, no annoying computer-like voice
  • 32 free lessons available on their site (Under the Why it works button, then click 32 free lessons and click on the 11/12 Advanced to see the quality of teaching, 3U being released in mid-August)
I'd love to go to a private tutor (because a computer definitely cannot replace a teacher), but the problem for me is time, money and lack of concentration for 3 hours flat.

The great thing (according to their site) is that you can buy their CD packs (each contains two consecutive full years of Mathematics tutoring, plus free updates forever) for about $500 bucks, which a very cheap investment in the long term or subscribe for about $40 a month to access all their lessons from year 7 - 12 (up to 2 Unit, 3 Unit coming out mid August) 24/7! That or you can subscribe for an entire year and it's about $300.

Currently they are offering a no-strings attached full money back guarantee for 12 months on the purchases of any of their CD packs (none over $500) because they are certain you will like it.

Anyway, I've just signed up for a one month online subscription and I'm waiting for a reply. I will inform you how well it goes and whether I will decide to buy the full year's subscription.

In the meanwhile, has anyone tried this program before or what are your perspectives on it?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)