Terry Lee 4 Unit (1 Viewer)

acevipa

HSC
I'm thinking of going to Terry Lee for 4 unit maths. How is he and what do you guys learn in a term?

Do you think it's worth going? Any comments would be appreciated.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I think he is only good if you are a high-end student. He goes through the theory way too quickly but he gives challenging questions.
However, if you have a problem with arrogant people, then I suggest you stay away from him. He is very up himself about his so called "methods"...

lychnobity

HSC
Price for 4u class: $65

Work: in one term, you could easily cover 2 4u topics. Maybe even more. 3 if it's a shorter topic.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/482/general/200396/terry-lees-tuition-good.html#post4109959

I'll add to that post:

He can go EXTREMELY fast in 4u. He forgets a lot of the time that most people are just learning things. eg currently learning conics - holy shit he goes fast. We've covered up until rectangular hyperbolas within 2 weeks.

He seems slower in 3u for some reason.

Be prepared to be "tested" like crazy in your first lesson there. He will ask you questions and if you can't fire the answer right away - he will deem you stupid until proven otherwise, and he'll keep asking until you can answer one.

If you want to "prove" yourself (ie know the asnwer and want to say so), look him in the eye and he'll ask you for the answer.

iloveapple

HSC
This isn't in regards to his 4u class, but to him in general.
I went to him last year, and I might be shot down by some of his students for this, but i feel that I've got to tell people.
If you're a girl, think really carefully about going to him.
We had a small class, so he stood behind people and looked at their work this way, and a friend and I couldn't help but notice he has a thing with.. touching girls. He's stroke our hands, our hair, rest his hand on our shoulders, and if he's standing behind you and leaning over you to look at your work, it gets pretty damn uncomfortable after a while.
We left as soon as we finished up the lessons we paid for (LOL yes we're asian).

Just thought i'd put that out there.

In terms of his teaching, he's not fantastic. Don't think he's very clear at explaining and his thick asian accent can get in the way of comprehension sometimes.

lychnobity

HSC
I went to him last year, and I might be shot down by some of his students for this, but i feel that I've got to tell people.
We had a small class, so he stood behind people and looked at their work this way, and a friend and I couldn't help but notice he has a thing with.. touching girls. He'd stroke our hands, our hair, rest his hand on our shoulders, and if he's standing behind you and leaning over you to look at your work, it gets pretty damn uncomfortable after a while.
We left as soon as we finished up the lessons we paid for (LOL yes we're asian).

In terms of his teaching, he's not fantastic. Don't think he's very clear at explaining and his thick asian accent can get in the way of comprehension sometimes.
I notice this happens with a lot of the girls. Especially if you're new and pretty.

But, happens to the guys as well, he leans into me a lot.

monesh

HSC
I notice this happens with a lot of the girls. Especially if you're new and pretty.

But, happens to the guys as well, he leans into me a lot.
lol....i think we all know why he is doing that now :)

MC Squidge

BOS' Apex Predator
HSC
hes a pedo and his textbook is shit. cambridge is way better

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
We had a small class, so he stood behind people and looked at their work this way, and a friend and I couldn't help but notice he has a thing with.. touching girls. He's stroke our hands, our hair, rest his hand on our shoulders, and if he's standing behind you and leaning over you to look at your work, it gets pretty damn uncomfortable after a while.

Stop being hot?

Jokes! That's very interesting information right there, when I met him he seemed pretty decent...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)