Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dr. Du?

AZZAROKS3

Re: Dr. Du?

The English teacher John is awesome! Sure he might criticise Asian culture and backwardness but you have to remember he's doing it for your benefit, he's the sort of person that doesn't like people that simply works for money or pays and simply uses him for resources and education. He made his pupils, including me cry but afterwards, you'll get through with life-changing experiences. PS to the guy who said for him to die that's a bit harsh.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Illiterate View Post
    From all the posts Dr Du sounded epic for Maths tutoring, but what about english? Are they any good? And how are they charging for Maths ext1 & 2?
    Dr Du in my opinion is terrible for Math, if you want someone to set you a brick of homework you might as well just as well open Cambridge and do every second column of every question coz thats what happens anyway. Most of the students that do well there are self-motivated and would do well by themselves as it is. I was part of the "A" class there and the attitude given to me by the staff was half-assed and selfish, seriously who charges 50c to print paper when they already calculate paper and ink expenses in their timetable (already expensive as it is).

The only thing that kept me going back was their Chem tutor. Peter. He's pretty decent and writes his own notes. Actually empathetic and knows how to teach. I haven't been to Dr Du for English, from what I've heard from my classmates its not very good. But its the general rule of thumb around Hurstville that the Brain is the best in English and I actually found it a lot better when I moved over there for Math, Economics, Biology and English currently sitting at a 98 estimated.
    davidgoes4wce likes this.

HSC

Dr Du is ridiculously expensive (1k+ a term for 3unit alone, and even more for 4unit) and you can probably find better tutors out there for cheaper. A lot of my friends are stopping because of the costs and finding private tutors or going to other places, like Harry's.
    B/Civil + B/Arch @ USYD 2015

Cadet
    HSC

Hey can any of you tell me how was the entrance test to Dr Du

Thanks

HSC

Does anyone know contact number of mr Guan at Carlingford?

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by silentk99 View Post
    Hey can any of you tell me how was the entrance test to Dr Du

Thanks
    I'm very late to ts discussion but I'll just say that the entrance test is quite hard and you need to get at least 70% in order to make it to the A class (with Dr Du) at Dr Du

HSC
    N/A

HSC
    N/A

go ngo and sons parramatta, mr mai teaches there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information