Dux College (1 Viewer)

Great2daMax

HSC
Has anyone heard of this tutoring place before because I was reading through the newspapers and i came across an advertisement for mathematics and science tutoring.
Its called Dux College.

www.duxcollege.com.au

It sounds alright, but i was hoping if there is anyone who goes to this tutoring and explain whats it like there, like the cost and the teaching styles because i need a tutor and i want some reccommandations

cheers

Last edited:

smushieex

HSC
there's a dux college at burwood but i don't know if it's the same thing.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Girl called Jacqui teaches there. Her username here is yumisama...

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
I go there for maths, they have good tutors and good notes
similar approach to talen 100 or matrix but at a quarter of the price :D

KarenCn

HSC
How's about the physics and chemistry courses?
Are they good?
Pretty good as far as i can tell

i recently joined their chemistry class and they teach directly from the syllabus and with lots of exam tips and all that.

Their homework is a little on a hard side but the tutor explains it very well

the only thing is I live a little far...

YingGee

HSC
I go to dux college for Mathematics it is soo good.
It provides everything you need for the requirment of the course; the notes they provide is just awesome
I totally love it there.
Totally affordable.
Just got to give it a try to believe it :D

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I go to dux college for Mathematics it is soo good.
It provides everything you need for the requirment of the course; the notes they provide is just awesome
I totally love it there.
Totally affordable.
Just got to give it a try to believe it :D
I disagree, $50 a lesson doesn't seem affordable to me.
They make it SOUND cheap by saying it's $25/hr, but each lesson is 2 hours.

Great2daMax

HSC
$50 for two hours is quite alright actually, as hearing from above they provide the materials and the notes.
sounds like reasonable price guessing its like quater of the price of matrix or talent 100 from the other post i've read.

Ohh thanks for the review guyss :D

anGchan

HSC
i'm thinking of joining up for maths extension 2. I read their website and it seems like they're really great for maths. Has anyone got any experiences about the extension 2 classes from dux college?

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
i'm thinking of joining up for maths extension 2. I read their website and it seems like they're really great for maths. Has anyone got any experiences about the extension 2 classes from dux college?
I go there for maths extension 2. The class tutor really knows his stuff and the homework questions they give is very hard and creative. The ext2 class only focuses on ext2 topics so its targeted to higher calibre students I guess. They emphasise on technique and way of approaching problems, rather than just giving you many problems and going through them

hope that helps

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I disagree, $50 a lesson doesn't seem affordable to me.
They make it SOUND cheap by saying it's $25/hr, but each lesson is 2 hours.
matrix is more hectic. 3 hours and 30 dollars per hour for my maths back in the time i was there.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
$50 for two hours is quite alright actually, as hearing from above they provide the materials and the notes.
sounds like reasonable price guessing its like quater of the price of matrix or talent 100 from the other post i've read.

Ohh thanks for the review guyss :D
There are a lot cheaper places. For that amount of money, you could get a private tutor. It's just that Matrix and Talent 100 are excessively overpriced. Also, they provide the materials and notes to me is not an additional incentive. If the coaching college didn't provide the notes, how the hell are you supposed to learn? No coaching college expects their students to bring in their own homework and use that as their teaching material - that's more of one-on-one tuition.

melissaLOL

HSC
Its a good place to go to lol

they give you great notes and the teachers are very keen and really know their stuff

Also they run discounts all the time at the beginning of term, so if you enrol at beginning of term you never pay full price anyway. but even at full price its still way cheaper than all the other places of comparable quality

asymptotic

HSC
hey this is place is Great

I just started there for ext2 maths this term, been to 2 classes, its very comprehensive..

Not sure about ext1 and 2 unit, I think Jacqui teaches those subjects, from what I hear she's a great teacher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)