Is James An , any good? (1 Viewer)

hassanelias

HSC
Hey guys , i did a trial at James An college for maths and English a few days ago and I'm just asking about any good or bad feed backs about the college. Well I'm 14 and in year 10, doing year 10 English and year 10 maths. The year 10 maths was really easy so I'm looking forward to doing year 11 maths. But im not sure if i really should, i find it not that good so if you have any advise if i should stay or should leave to another tutor please tell me. Thanks alot :)

-tal-

HSC
Depends on the centre. The year 10 maths is easy because they follow the year 10 "advanced" syllabus, which really, is easy. At the one I went to, it was awesome for prelim maths.

If you went for a trial, try a few other places, you might like the style elsewhere.

I can't really say much on English; I don't believe in it.

-tal-

HSC
No worries, although, if you go to the strathfield/campsie/fairfield centre, and plan on doing chem/phys, there's a good tutor called mr scott. Try him out.

hassanelias

HSC
:) i live near Fairfield , well actually Canleyvale and I'm doing another trial for year 11 chemistry tomorrow , ill see how it works out. But anyways thanks for the help mate :)

oasfree

HSC
N/A
Hey guys , i did a trial at James An college for maths and English a few days ago and I'm just asking about any good or bad feed backs about the college. Well I'm 14 and in year 10, doing year 10 English and year 10 maths. The year 10 maths was really easy so I'm looking forward to doing year 11 maths. But im not sure if i really should, i find it not that good so if you have any advise if i should stay or should leave to another tutor please tell me. Thanks alot :)
Easy or hard depends on how you look at it. It's easy to read a novel. It's hard to imagine if you are to write one. It's easy to solve the year 10 math you are doing, it's extremely hard to try to work out how the past masters discovered the math that you are learning. What I am saying is that you should look a bit deeper and try to prove some of the concepts yourself. You will improve your math enormously even before you think going to coaching. In fact, coaching is only the last resort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)