Talent 100 (1 Viewer)

bluecrisps

HSC
Hi guys! Anyone been to Talent 100 before?
If so how is it? I'm going to commence trial lessons soon, but I would also like reviews. It is quite expensive ($650 per term) and my friend told me there was an english teacher who was very young and went off topic pretty much all the time. So, your thoughts, comments and other recommended tutoring places for english and science?
Thanks!

jackerino

HSC
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE BESIDES TALENT100!!! i promise u, they are FRICKIN expensive, but THE BEST without any doubt. in MY opinion in any case, there is no comparison between them and any other place in sydney, they are simply superior. Their teaching methods centres around exam-style stuff, and is directly to the point, their teachers are TOP quality, and I mean TOP, they are just brilliant and engage with the student and just make everything crystal clear. If you go to Talent you are pretty much destined for 95+ ATAR, unless you slack off lol. CHOOSE TALENT MATE!! they're the best ;);)

loapowm

Banned
HSC
Why would anyone pay $650 for tutoring!

Seems such a rip off.

However last year a student in my school loved them. Don't understand why

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard excellent things about them. I've also seen their material - seems top notch, it's exam geared. Also have many mates who work there.

Good luck!

loapowm: you don't put a price on education.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
I've heard excellent things about them. I've also seen their material - seems top notch, it's exam geared. Also have many mates who work there.

Good luck!

Hahaha I know. But I wuoldn't pay that.

I guess if you need help you would pay alot. But personally I can manage my own work. Never needed tutoring (because probably my subjects are simple)

iBibah

HSC

Good luck!

+1

loapowm

Banned
HSC
Don't missunderstand me. I understand education is invaluable. But it is alot of money (well not really)

I wouldn't pay it. But I did say from what i have heard they are the best

iBibah

HSC
It's only a lot of money when the student doesn't try, then it's a waste. But if the student tries hard and improves, then it's a solid investment.

bluecrisps

HSC
hmm.. What exactly do they teach in yr 11 english because currently I'm in year 10 and I'm going to do English Extension 1, yet there seems to be no extension classes for english in year 11, just plain english? Also how do they go about teaching? Is it syllabus based and do they explain concepts well?
Could I have more specific advantages too?
Any other recommendations (for chem/english yr 10,11 or 12)
Thanks for the comments so far.

jackerino

HSC
Maths has one master teacher, Sen Lin from Ruse. Got 100 UAI, 100 MX1 and 100 MX2 in 2007. Absolute powerhouse lol. GEtting CONSISTENT hd's in uni too, like nothing less than HD's ALL THE TIME in actuarial. You gotta pray he's your teacher in senior maths haha. THen my chem teacher is Anubhav Saxena from Kings School, he's a really good teacher too, good temperament and attitude towards kids, really good teaching style too, clear and questioning, to help you get the most from the seminars. ANd yea i dont have physics tutour cos... its pretty eaasy lolz. English idk how they teach, but I saw an english session on while I was doing an exam, it looked like they were doing hardcore analysis and lots of technical stuff, so should be good for you.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
I go there =)
I think they are pretty good, they improved a lot lately. I went to Dux for around a month but didn't like it at all so I switched to talent and I love it.
If you go to talent try your best at doing all homework and exams, they are really helpful (and hard!).
However, choose teachers carefully.
Nikhil Vasan is by far the best for physics, Jess is the best for chemistry and Sen is the best for maths but I think Sen is leaving next year =(
good luck!

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Maths has one master teacher, Sen Lin from Ruse. Got 100 UAI, 100 MX1 and 100 MX2 in 2007. Absolute powerhouse lol. GEtting CONSISTENT hd's in uni too, like nothing less than HD's ALL THE TIME in actuarial. You gotta pray he's your teacher in senior maths haha. THen my chem teacher is Anubhav Saxena from Kings School, he's a really good teacher too, good temperament and attitude towards kids, really good teaching style too, clear and questioning, to help you get the most from the seminars. ANd yea i dont have physics tutour cos... its pretty eaasy lolz. English idk how they teach, but I saw an english session on while I was doing an exam, it looked like they were doing hardcore analysis and lots of technical stuff, so should be good for you.
Sen is awesome and he is a genius too !!
does he teach you?
are u by any chance in my MX2 class ?!?!? =)
and I had both Jess and Anubhav for chem, jess is better :p

Last edited:

xxxhighhopesxxx

HSC
theyv'e upped their prices recently ( something like $3900 a year), but i went to a seminar and it seems quite worth it. they are still not the most expensive if you now compare them to intuition.

jackerino

HSC
Sen is awesome and he is a genius too !!
does he teach you?
are u by any chance in my MX2 class ?!?!? =)
and I had both Jess and Anubhav for chem, jess is better :p
Yea he's gonna sign up to Mensa he told me. Jess is better? lol havent had her idk. Idk r u in my mx2 class? lol what do u look like?

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
Can't you guys do anything on your own? Why must it be always "tutor this, tutor that"...

Bearman

HSC
Hi guys! Anyone been to Talent 100 before?
If so how is it? I'm going to commence trial lessons soon, but I would also like reviews. It is quite expensive ($650 per term) and my friend told me there was an english teacher who was very young and went off topic pretty much all the time. So, your thoughts, comments and other recommended tutoring places for english and science?
Thanks!
i wrote their astrophysics notes and made a bunch of UMAT questions for them (medstart, which is owned by talent100). i turned down a physics teaching job so i haven't actually taught there but i know that their teachers are top notch

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Excellent tutoring facility. If you have the money, go Talent100, alot better than Dux College and most other tutoring facilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)