How's talent 100? (1 Viewer)

aime_musique

HSC
i'm in yr.8 at the moment.
gonna go to hornsby GHS so i'm worrying about my english cuz i've just came to AU for less than a yr.
thinking about going to english tutoring.
talent 100 seems to get good hsc results. how's it?
thx!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Heard some questionable things about Talent...but not sure how their courses are. If you've just come Australia, look into ESL courses? and then transition into the adv/standard ones?

HAX0R

HSC
Since you've only been exposed to le anglais pour un year, I think it's better to get a private tutor.

friedeggz

HSC
N/A
talent 100 locks you into yearly tuition for a reason..they want your money. they basically steal your money.

it's marketing 101. hire students who achieve 99.95 ATAR 100 UAI and charge students high fees.

i personally know one guy who got 100 UAI and can't even know how to go to places using google maps.

anyone here with a brain knows HIGH ATAR does NOT mean GOOD TEACHER

talent 100 is a ripoff. you can get a state ranking tutor for CHEAPER and its private.

people who read this know what the fcuk i'm talking about

aime_musique

HSC
thx a lot for the advice!
but does anyone know any GOOD private tutors? there're HEAPS of ads of tutors everywhere but no one knows whether they're good or not.
i tried a english tutor at a tutoring college once. a maths teacher there calculated the bill for me. 60+65=122.5, that's what he did! i was like wth u're a maths teacher and u can't even do maths calculation...

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
Usually the great private tutors will get snapped up via word of mouth. Though it will be much more beneficial, especially in year 8, to try out several english tutors rather than locking in for a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)