Is Matrix education any good? (1 Viewer)

RG11

HSC
good for phys chem, dont go for maths or english

CollinMclough

HSC
good for phys chem, dont go for maths or english
^
Even then there are other centres which may be better for sciences.

Depends where you are. Are you traveling or is it in your suburb?

RG11

HSC
^
Even then there are other centres which may be better for sciences.

Depends where you are. Are you traveling or is it in your suburb?
what other centres are you saying may be better? In my experience, around the Strathfield area matrix is the best for phys and chem.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
I see their ads and YouTube channel and they say 81% get 90+ atar. Idk if it is old or new but I only heard about it this year, idk subject wise but seems good imo. Ring them or go to one of their free lecture things on how to get a high atar or how to study etc. by the look of the videos the facilities look great and the strong Asian presence means Matrix must be good

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Any1 have opinions on talent100 compared to matrix?

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
I know that one of their maths teachers is very good.
I think I know which one you are talking about :p

Back to the question:

I've only ever been to Matrix for chemistry but it really depends on the teacher... I personally found Louise to be awesome but Truc was a bit more relaxed... if you are really serious about getting high marks for your HSC then make sure you get into Louise's class.

I also had a glimpse at their maths material by borrowing my friends but I wasn't really that impressed to be honest.

Talent100 vs. Matrix

I personally know a lot of friends who teach at Talent100 with epic credentials like multiple state rankings and 99.95 ATARs etc. but it really depends on the person. If you know lots of things and just need someone to fill you in on the gaps then a state ranker from T100 with fresh knowledge and strong exam technique might be helpful. If you are struggling with the concepts and need an experienced teacher to explain something to you in perhaps multiple ways then maybe Matrix is better.

That being said I think T100 is pretty cool but if I had to pick in the end I'll go with Matrix, just because their teachers are all qualified and not uni students with 99.95 ATARs.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I heard matrix was shit in general (unless you get DJ)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)