Tutoring in or around the Fairfield region- PEAK, Uplift, C2C, Focus (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
There seem to be quite a lot of tutoring colleges especially in the Farfield region - Cabramatta, Canley Vale, Liverpool etc.
Though many seem to be spread by word of mouth rather than advertising in newspapers and things, what would you recommend for a HSC student? If you know of any private tutors in this area, please suggest them as they're my first priority. I'm in need of tutoring for Standard English.

Last edited:

MathsPhysics_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I can provide private tutorials at very reasonable rates. I specialize in maths. But also tutor physics and chemistry (mainly physical chemistry). First tutorial free. For more info please email vikumar7@gmail.com

Thanks

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Uplift in liverpool. They're an affordable tutor and their physics tutor is pretty good looking (for all you guys out there (; ) their rates were surprisingly low

such_such

HSC
^ I agree, try Uplift! It's newer than most tutoring companies but has very young, yet experienced tutors!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Focus is by far the best math tutor within the area - lots of success and friends who scored high B6s. (besides Dr. Truongs lol)

CrescentMoon

HSC
PEAK for maths is exceptionally good, even better if you have Mr Le.
However, their English tuition is a bit lacking. It all depends on the teacher you have though.

However, i highly recommend PEAK for maths tuition :)

ShadowLighte

HSC
Thanks a lot guys, I have a good feeling about Uplift. Apparently about 80% of all the people who go to tutoring in my grade go to Focus or PEAK and I'd rather not go to school all over again.

HSC Killer

HSC
There's Mr Jacob in Fairfield on Spencer st
He is excellent. I found English tutoring at PEAK wasn't helpful because they don't teach your Modules, then I went to Ms Hien who wasn't helpful either.

Mr Jacob's class size is relatively small, there was 8 of us in his class and we all scored band 6 in Advance English.

asiangamer01

HSC
Uplift, is really bad for English. For one of the assessment tasks at my school, they screwed everyone over. they lack experienced teachers, as they're all mainly graduated students, they don't really know what HSC requires. Went there - from experience

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Nah definitely go focus, can vouch for it first hand. What other tutor starts the 4u course 2 terms before school?
Also timetables are based on what class you get into, 3u A is on sunday morning, 3u B is around 12 on sunday, 3u C is on tuesday and there's another one on friday. There are 2u classes that which idk the timetable of.
But im pree sure jimmy isnt gonna accept anyone else for year 12 as we're to far ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Nah definitely go focus, can vouch for it first hand. What other tutor starts the 4u course 2 terms before school?
Also timetables are based on what class you get into, 3u A is on sunday morning, 3u B is around 12 on sunday, 3u C is on tuesday and there's another one on friday. There are 2u classes that which idk the timetable of.
But im pree sure jimmy isnt gonna accept anyone else for year 12 as we're to far ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many others do. Lol Focus, ngo and sons and PEAK are the most overrated in the Cabrammatta/Fairfield/ Canley region

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Many others do. Lol Focus, ngo and sons and PEAK are the most overrated in the Cabrammatta/Fairfield/ Canley region
Not overrated considering 90% of the students get band 6's. There's a reason why they get hyped about, considering in the west region there are hardly any good tutor colleges. Apart from those one's mentioned above and ABC college, there aren't any other distinct ones.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Not overrated considering 90% of the students get band 6's. There's a reason why they get hyped about, considering in the west region there are hardly any good tutor colleges. Apart from those one's mentioned above and ABC college, there aren't any other distinct ones.
I've seen Ngo and sons' HSC results from 2014 and there are good results and bad results. Clearly the centre is not to blame for the student results but rather it is the students' and their attitude towards learning which has "made" this result. There are "good" tutors in the west region (but not as west as the fairfield region) if you get what I mean. Most of the good tutors tend to be in the southern and illawarra (Hurstville) region, the inner west (Straithfield and Burwood) region or the Northern Surburbs (epping, chatswood). They also have good tutors in the parramatta region and in the regions nearby (Carlingford, the hills district).

I never knew ABC college was that famous...How is it there?

juniormaths

HSC
N/A
highly disagree. ngo and sons results are exceptional, peak tuition is overrated though.... i use to go peak tuition, i had Mr hieu le, he is a good teacher dont get me wrong! But put it this way, i have Mr Mai now and he is the most inspiring teacher i have ever met. Then i met Dr truong for 4u, these teachers are a completely in a different universe than mr le.

Further, i am dr truong and mr mai patients; they have great knowledge at whatever they do!

AJK_2019

HSC
There's Mr Jacob in Fairfield on Spencer st
He is excellent. I found English tutoring at PEAK wasn't helpful because they don't teach your Modules, then I went to Ms Hien who wasn't helpful either.

Mr Jacob's class size is relatively small, there was 8 of us in his class and we all scored band 6 in Advance English.
Can you please send his contact details or his tutoring Center name , I didn’t find him on google.😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)