Dux College (1 Viewer)

nathanb98

HSC
Hi,
I am currently in Year 10 and am considering going to a tutoring centre for my preliminary and HSC year, primarily for Extension 1 Maths. I have done a holiday course and Matrix and have been to a seminar at Talent 100 and can agree that they are amazing centres with exceptional results, however, I might not be able to go there due to their high pricing. I came across Dux College, which has more affordable prices but have not heard much about it. Can anyone tell me if they are any good, particularly in mathematics and possibly chemistry and biology (i won't be doing all of these btw) Does their lower pricing mean they aren't as good as the likes of matrix and talent because i would rather reconsider those if there is a significant difference.

Thanks in advance
Nathan

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I hear that dux is actually quite good. Go to their trial 3 week class thing (I think) and see for yourself :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hi,
I am currently in Year 10 and am considering going to a tutoring centre for my preliminary and HSC year, primarily for Extension 1 Maths. I have done a holiday course and Matrix and have been to a seminar at Talent 100 and can agree that they are amazing centres with exceptional results, however, I might not be able to go there due to their high pricing. I came across Dux College, which has more affordable prices but have not heard much about it. Can anyone tell me if they are any good, particularly in mathematics and possibly chemistry and biology (i won't be doing all of these btw) Does their lower pricing mean they aren't as good as the likes of matrix and talent because i would rather reconsider those if there is a significant difference.

Thanks in advance
Nathan
Why go to Dux College when you can get FREE YES FREE 3U MATHS NOTES FROM A MECHATRONIC ENGINEERING/COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT (Seventhroot) who crafted these notes using his computer and a program with his brain that has the knowledge to program 15 robots that make 25 different flavours of Mountain Dew all at once in less than 3.5 minutes **(Confirmed by Guinness World Records)**???

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Why go to Dux College when you can get FREE YES FREE 3U MATHS NOTES FROM A MECHATRONIC ENGINEERING/COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT (Seventhroot) who crafted these notes using his computer and a program with his brain that has the knowledge to program 15 robots that make 25 different flavours of Mountain Dew all at once in less than 3.5 minutes **(Confirmed by Guinness World Records)**???
lel; don't diss tutoring but it is not necessary to do well. I didn't have a tutor and I still did alright and am doing what I like at uni

siggy

HSC
Just try without tutor to start. You might find your capable/smart enough to still do well

Krypton

HSC
Consider going to ace/intuition. A few of my friends go there and they're all doing really well!
But it's quite expensive! Most of the selective school kids go there so it gets competitive. If you are the kind of person that is driven by competition then go to those expensive centres, otherwise there are some really great tutors out there with small classes who don't cost as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)