Troung" s HSC Maths results (1 Viewer)

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
Heard lots about Troungs but cannot find any info about their students' achievements in HSC.
They don't advertise to promote. Can anyone shed some lights about this?

photastic

HSC
They only show results at the centre I think. Results arent even that good from what I heard.

puneetnanda

HSC
Some of my friends went to truong for maths and said it was very good. One of them got 97 for 4u and 96 for 3u whilst the other got 96 for 4u and 100 for 3u. (but thats probs cos they are just genuinely talented at maths and idk how much of their results are a testament to the teaching at Truong)

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
They only show results at the centre I think. Results arent even that good from what I heard.
It is hard to understand then, why so many people go to Troung's and he does not even advertise or promote. And he's been there for years.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I heard it's really good and they probably already have a lot of word of mouth advertising anyway so they don't really needa advertise coz they're probably full already.

QZP

HSC
Truong is successful because it aligns with the traditional asian mentality of using fear to make people work hard, and thus parents want to send their children there since they will study hard. From what my friends who went there (~10) have told me, it is really just a "rote" system where the teacher talks/writes on concepts and you are meant to understand it. There is little room for discussion and questions and so if you fall behind there is not much hope for you.

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
It's emotional abuse
It is interesting why so many students pay to be abused. There are heaps of other choices in tutoring. I heard someone could not get in as it is "full".
BTW, any more info about their maths achievements? Unlike, Dr Du, Matrix, Harry's, Troung's never advertise and/or promote. No way to know how good/bad he is.

eggwah123

HSC
N/A
I see the stories are true
It is interesting why so many students pay to be abused. There are heaps of other choices in tutoring. I heard someone could not get in as it is "full".
BTW, any more info about their maths achievements? Unlike, Dr Du, Matrix, Harry's, Troung's never advertise and/or promote. No way to know how good/bad he is.

such_such

HSC
Love Truongs. Imo I think its more suited to people who are already talented at maths and want to be challenged, learn new/better techniques etc. They never publish results - only for class tests, but never HSC (or at least, not anymore).

photastic

HSC
I heard it's really good and they probably already have a lot of word of mouth advertising anyway so they don't really needa advertise coz they're probably full already.
Asians give you free advertisement, it spreads like ants and sugar.

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
I'm late to this discussion but hey... Yes I was a truong student.
And I achieved 100/100 for 3u, and 96/100 for 4u.
Now this isn't to brag or anything, but I couldn't have achieved it without the help of tutoring, without the help of the Ngo & Sons College.
I was below average for EVERY single subject in years 7-9.
I joined "Truongs" in year 9 and really... It has changed me as a person entirely in terms of work ethic.

It's not torture, but my teacher USED to be pretty slack to his students.
Still is to some extent, but it is that fear I suppose that drives you to improve.
Besides, there is no way you will get on any teacher's bad side if you don't fuck yourself up in the first place.

And no they don't publish results.
I think it's ethically wrong to as well... A student's results are not necessarily indicative of a tutoring centre's abilities, largely because you have a lot of students that slack off. Besides, all tutoring centres typically only publish the best results.

HSC
N/A
I go to troungs for 4u and 3u, and we started 4u in year 10, which is 2 years ahead. He doesn't advertise because he doesnt need to, he already has an excess amount of people doing the admissions test and people on waiting lists and such, plus as he said "I don't need you, you need me, got it?" which is sort of true giving that he honestly doesnt need to teach to earn a living, he's a doctor and he personally takes time out to come teach my class, which is cool, but if you want to apply, remember, just don't breathe too loudly, don't yawn or make any sounds, he will kill you by picking on you for questions, omg its actually so scary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)