dux college opinions (1 Viewer)

duhdevitt

HSC
I know its the wrong thread but

I'm starting to go to dux for adv English and bio as I need to improve my ranks in those subjects and just want to know if any 2015ers actually go to dux for those subjects, if you do what's your opinion on it.

Thanks

HSC
a friend of mine did physics for a term there
they gave out some solid notes- from what I saw
and apparently cover the dot points quite well :D

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
its pretty good, I went to the parramatta campus for mx1. the only problem with dux I see is that its really relaxed to the point where even if you dont do your work for weeks they dont mind, sometimes they even skipped over the tests at the end of each chapter. if that environment works for you then great, but if youre someone who needs to be continually pushed then maybe try looking at other options. or who knows maybe the English and bio classes will be different

zenman

HSC
N/A
its pretty good, I went to the parramatta campus for mx1. the only problem with dux I see is that its really relaxed to the point where even if you dont do your work for weeks they dont mind, sometimes they even skipped over the tests at the end of each chapter. if that environment works for you then great, but if youre someone who needs to be continually pushed then maybe try looking at other options. or who knows maybe the English and bio classes will be different
The tutors might be relaxed but they tell go on and tell Jacqui or the guy (forgot his name) who then gives your parents a call. But I find it's fine, they do give you lots of support outside of class as well to help with exams and even school work. It's pretty good, i recommend.

dotapro

HSC
i might be going there for Physics and Chemistry this term - any other reviews?

ZacharyEarl

HSC
i might be going there for Physics and Chemistry this term - any other reviews?
I go there for phys and chem year 12 currently and it's been good so far. I go to the Sunday parra classes for both. They give you good notes every week and the tutors explain things very well... thinking of taking up maths with them when next year starts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)