English tutoring in/close to Burwood? (1 Viewer)

nanaa

HSC
N/A
Hi! Can anyone recommend a place that offers good English Advanced tutoring in Burwood or as close as possible? Not sure if I should go to tutoring at all but might go for a term then leave. Closer to Burwood the better but still, quality of teaching trumps all I guess.

Also what does everyone do while English tutoring? Look at assessments you've done already and rewrite it under guidance?

If anyone is going to Harry's please tell me if I should go too, since Harry's is all I know.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi! Can anyone recommend a place that offers good English Advanced tutoring in Burwood or as close as possible? Not sure if I should go to tutoring at all but might go for a term then leave. Closer to Burwood the better but still, quality of teaching trumps all I guess.

Also what does everyone do while English tutoring? Look at assessments you've done already and rewrite it under guidance?

If anyone is going to Harry's please tell me if I should go too, since Harry's is all I know.
There's this place called Compass in Burwood. Don't know much about it

It depends on the tutoring place

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
Lol Harry's sucks, according to my bro but ANYWAY, I *think* there's a tutoring place called The Brain in Burwood? The Brain is pretty good (since I attend the one in Hurstville), as long as it's Chris who teaches you. If it's a private tutoring, you work on your school assessments and they'll provide feedback and stuff, if it's a class teaching by schools, then you also do your school assessments and do practice reading papers/ essay questions and they'll also provide feedback (although they're not as good/efficient as a private, obviously) and like a week before your exam, they'll give you a practice exam and make you do it under a time limit/ test conditions. They also teach you literary/visual techniques, how to analyse texts, how to write an essay/ responses to 2,3,4 and 5 markers in a reading paper and all the other typical stuff tutors do

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Lol Harry's sucks, according to my bro but ANYWAY, I *think* there's a tutoring place called The Brain in Burwood? The Brain is pretty good (since I attend the one in Hurstville), as long as it's Chris who teaches you. If it's a private tutoring, you work on your school assessments and they'll provide feedback and stuff, if it's a class teaching by schools, then you also do your school assessments and do practice reading papers/ essay questions and they'll also provide feedback (although they're not as good/efficient as a private, obviously) and like a week before your exam, they'll give you a practice exam and make you do it under a time limit/ test conditions. They also teach you literary/visual techniques, how to analyse texts, how to write an essay/ responses to 2,3,4 and 5 markers in a reading paper and all the other typical stuff tutors do
Are you Serious??? THE BRAIN pffffffffffffffft, the staff that work there are a bunch of greedy moneygrubbers who have no respect for their students and their parents. Shame on them, hope their business fails one day because of what they done to me

Anways here's my story: http://community.boredofstudies.org/483/tutoring-colleges/279141/brain-english-tutoring.html

Hope those dickheads can suffer

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
LOL that's only cuz you went in year 7!! But I actually kinda agree with you because back when I was in year 10 (last year), I went there and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Like all we did was eat fkn KFC i'm not even kidding and I was begging my mum to make me stop going there and that she was just wastin her money and my time but no; she was all like "you're dumb, you need tutoring gurl" so I was pretty pissed and yeah the teacher was pretty shit too. But senior years are thankfully so much better because the tutors actually TEACH instead of just messing around

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
LOL that's only cuz you went in year 7!! But I actually kinda agree with you because back when I was in year 10 (last year), I went there and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Like all we did was eat fkn KFC i'm not even kidding and I was begging my mum to make me stop going there and that she was just wastin her money and my time but no; she was all like "you're dumb, you need tutoring gurl" so I was pretty pissed and yeah the teacher was pretty shit too. But senior years are thankfully so much better because the tutors actually TEACH instead of just messing around
Yeah true. Even if it is year 7, you still should take a student's learning seriously because they pay for it but those fuckwits from the brain couldn't respect that fact therefore they spent the whole lesson fucking around with your education. Seriously. Junior years still should be taken seriously if you pay for tutoring. It's not a joke. Money doesn't come from trees, it comes from the hours of hard work your parent have to go through in order to create a better future for you

Don't even talk about senior years at the brain. Year 7 at the brain scarred me for life, thanks to those disrespectful jerks that's why I don't want to go back and it's not just that, the prices have also become dead expensive for me and the staff are terrible at marking. They even hire band 5 english students to teach the classes, are they fucking idiots or what? Those are the reasons why I don't want to go to the brain at all (I also don't want to go to english tutor because it's useless)

If I had the money (and didn't find english tutoring useless), I would definitely not go to the brain at all, infact if I lived in a mansion and lived closer to epping, I'd go to Delta. Shame on those brain fuckwits.

Surprisingly I heard their resources are good. Just ask your friends for them and they'll be for free :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think a good english tutoring place would be the Sydney school of English. They've got 2 campuses: mascot and burwood. I had a friend who went their and showed me his work (it was based on some shakespeare stuff...I think it was macbeth...don't remember) and it seemed quite useless (unless you were studying shakespeare at school). Worth giving it a try. I heard it was quite cheap as well (don't remember the pricing)

OP why do you need english tutoring? I find it quite useless (unless it's one to one but you gotta be rich). You might as well ask your school teacher for help or another teacher for help. Look at Crobat's guide to english and that should be a substitue for an english tutor. Saves heaps of money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)