McDuff English College? (1 Viewer)

unsweetened68

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if McDuff English college is worth the hefty price tag, since it costs almost as much as private tuition. What are the classes there like? Is it a good environment, and is the content helpful?
I'm starting year 11 next year and I've been getting below average marks for English in year 10, so I desperately need to improve. :(
Thanks!

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I saw that McDuff was located in Hurstville so I messaged you details of a private English tutor I personally went to in that area ^^ she's amazing, teaches well and was an ex hsc marker!

note: oh yeah oops but yeah I feel like private tuition > group english coaching

private = caters specifically for your needs, is able to go in depth and target your school's focus, more personalised and lengthy, frequent feedback

group tuition = doesn't do everything a private tutor can provide, however I have noticed that when they ask students to swap and peer mark, this is quite useful as usually there is a student that writes exceptionally well and you will be able to learn from them

Otherwise, nah, group is not worth the money.

source: I've been to matrix/dr du/pre uni for english, as well as a handful of private tutors.

Last edited:

sereli

HSC
I saw that McDuff was located in Hurstville so I messaged you details of a private English tutor I personally went to in that area ^^ she's amazing, teaches well and was an ex hsc marker!

note: oh yeah oops but yeah I feel like private tuition > group english coaching

private = caters specifically for your needs, is able to go in depth and target your school's focus, more personalised and lengthy, frequent feedback

group tuition = doesn't do everything a private tutor can provide, however I have noticed that when they ask students to swap and peer mark, this is quite useful as usually there is a student that writes exceptionally well and you will be able to learn from them

source: I've been to matrix/dr du/pre uni for english, as well as a handful of private tutors.
May I have her detail too , please?

dn888

HSC
N/A

Hi 30june2016, can I also have the private English tutor contact ?

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
dn888 said:
May I have her detail too , please?

Hi 30june2016, can I also have the private English tutor contact ?
Yeah will msg
Keep in mind she's in hurstville/penshurst and only takes year 12 students personally (year 10-11 is taken by other teachers she employed, they're pretty good as well but would be good if you ask specifically for her)

MrDEZMAT

HSC

Hey 30june2016, Could I also have the English tutor contact? Sorry if it's a hassle.

goldmedals

HSC
N/A

@30June2016 - could I please also have your private tutor's contact. Tx.

Jolteon

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if McDuff English college is worth the hefty price tag, since it costs almost as much as private tuition. What are the classes there like? Is it a good environment, and is the content helpful?
I'm starting year 11 next year and I've been getting below average marks for English in year 10, so I desperately need to improve. :(
Thanks!
Not 100% sure but I know a friend who goes there and have heard a bunch of rumors about McDuff.
Basically the tutors tend to write majority of your essay hence why the hefty price. I could be wrong but my friend pays $2k a term and there's no guarantee you'll get a Band6 or do majorly well.

My advice is to either find a private tutor who can help you or somewhere else cheaper (since with English, the amount of effort you put in doesn't necessarily reflect as there are many other factors that will affect your mark ie. your marker)

To give perspective, my mate is rank 40s and I'm still higher than him even without paying 2k a term.

Goodluck with Y11 though!

ddasfefew

HSC
Hey guys
if anyone has her details could they please send it to me too??
Thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)