Thread: Dr Du vs Talent100 2018

HSC
    N/A

Lightbulb Dr Du vs Talent100 2018

Hi! I'm in year 9 in a top selective school currently and I was wondering between attending 1 of these 2 tutoring centres for maths. I've heard they both have entrance exams... I would also like to be in the higher classes (hopefully the accelerated classes) so how well would I have to do in the exam?

I was also wondering what is the entrance exam like...What are the topics that assessed? Does anyone know a sample question they got?

As a general idea, I got a mark of around 250 in my selective and have done well and above avergae in my school's maths tests so would I be able to cope with how fast they go on?

Thank you so much ) I'm pretty sure I posted this elsewhere but in the wrong section :[

aoc
    HSC

Re: Dr Du vs Talent100 2018

Regarding Dr Du, 50% gets you to A3, 60% to A2 and 70% to A1. (A1 being the highest class). They usally test you on subjects that are anywhere from 4months-1 year ahead of the normal school curriculum so to do well in the entrance exam you should start by studying ahead. Note that even if you get put in a lower class due to the entrance exam by consistently performing well in the weekly quizzes you can asked to be moved up. When i did my entrance test near the end of year 10 i was asked about calculus differentiation/sequences and series. And whilst i hated Dr Du becuase i didnt like studying ahead that much im sure youll be fine since youre already doing well at a top school.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Dr Du vs Talent100 2018

Quote Originally Posted by aoc View Post
    Regarding Dr Du, 50% gets you to A3, 60% to A2 and 70% to A1. (A1 being the highest class). They usally test you on subjects that are anywhere from 4months-1 year ahead of the normal school curriculum so to do well in the entrance exam you should start by studying ahead. Note that even if you get put in a lower class due to the entrance exam by consistently performing well in the weekly quizzes you can asked to be moved up. When i did my entrance test near the end of year 10 i was asked about calculus differentiation/sequences and series. And whilst i hated Dr Du becuase i didnt like studying ahead that much im sure youll be fine since youre already doing well at a top school.
    do they provide study notes?

Thread Information