Best tutoring colleges (1 Viewer)

T

tactic

We'd like to start things off by asking what you guys think are the best tutoring colleges around??

* What makes them 'the best' in your eyes?
* Would you recomend other students go there?
* What subjects do they teach?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i did Kumon in primary school and i didn't really like it :p i don't think it helped me out much because i didn't have the self dedication to do it, i'm not sure how effective it is in high school/senior yrs

they teach english and maths, i went for maths

Cab31

HSC
I dont think people go to tutoring for motivation...They are there because they are motivated enough to want to improve their results. I went to an english tutor who was a top HSC marker which was good because she knew what the markers were looking for.
Its called proffesional tutoring centre and its at Hurstville. They tutor maths and English.

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
Cab31 said:
I dont think people go to tutoring for motivation...They are there because they are motivated enough to want to improve their results. I went to an english tutor who was a top HSC marker which was good because she knew what the markers were looking for.
Its called proffesional tutoring centre and its at Hurstville. They tutor maths and English.
It is illegal for a HSC marker to be a private tutor :cool:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
James An Coaching College.
Because i teach there :p

Cab31

HSC
Sirius Black said:
How is it? There are that many HSC markers out there that it would virtually cut out all school teachers from tutoring people. Its not like they are going to give you a secret recipe for success. The questions obviously change every year anyway. Its just nice to do a past exam question and have them say, 'well a lot of students lost marks here...and that part of the question was generally answered poorly etc'

Scanorama

HSC
Sirius Black said:
Where did yoy get that from? My english tutor and chemistry teacher are markers and they tutor people all the time. It's not the marker will give out the answer, it is the people who write the exam can give out the answer. The markers wont find out the answers of the exam until the exams have over, just like us.

is a roflcopter
HSC
MR GU at Stratfield all the way

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Where did yoy get that from? My english tutor and chemistry teacher are markers and they tutor people all the time. It's not the marker will give out the answer, it is the people who write the exam can give out the answer. The markers wont find out the answers of the exam until the exams have over, just like us.
HSC Markers can only be allowed to work for coaching college, definitely not for private tuition(one on one). I was told by a senior HSC marker last year:p

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Sirius Black said:
HSC Markers can only be allowed to work for coaching college, definitely not for private tuition(one on one). I was told by a senior HSC marker last year:p
why not ?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Cab31 said:
I've never understood tutoring for English...

ishq

brown?
HSC
Estel said:
And what's your rank in English...
I see your point.

:D

No, seriously.
Unless you have really, really bad teachers...

Cab31

HSC
When i started tutoring for english my rank improved 14 places in half a year!! Does that help you understand it?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I don't have a tutor for English (wouldn't be able to afford one) but I can see quite clearly the advantage of having someone to churn out a perfect essay for you to memorise.
And yes, my school happens to fit your criteria, as do many others. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)