Kip Mcgrath (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Well its been around 5 months since i quit Kip ( yay ) . Reasons why i quit , teachers sucked , most of the work seemed to be a big waste of time , the teacher just couldnt wait to leave ( he constantly looked at the clock " sigh " ) it costs 40 bucks for 80 minutes and most of all the advertisements that willing parents read are so god damn misleading .

tattoodguy

i think most tutors are fucking theifing cunts....

i had a few tutors.........i even tutored people before........and i have to admit............i ripped them offff....some ppple are tooo stupid to help.....

some students only get tutoring so you do the work for them............which is annoying.

what did ur classes involve etc...............im very interested in how the classes/tutoring was conducted.........and ......if it actually helped with ur grades?

how were they misleading??????

expand on whqat u said.........if they ripped u offf.......here is ur chance to help destroy their businesss.

MathsPowerMum

HSC
N/A
MATHSPOWER vs AIM Using Mathemagic Name

Re C omputer Based Mathematics Tutoring Software.

I have been reading comments in this forum with interest regarding 'Mathemagic' Computer Tutor used by Australian Institute of Mathematics-AIM, (Truth about the origin of this name suject of LITIGATION) See this website

http://www.mathemagic.com.au

then

http://www.mathspower.com.au

Comments on your forum that the Institute advertisements on 2GB drive students crazy, the lessons are not based on NSW curriculum outcomes , and that the South African voices are irritating, and that the cost is outrageous, a rip off, and exploitation on a large scale of parents from low-middle income bracket who can least afford it.

I work in a University and am arguably very discriminating when it comes to choosing educational software for my 11 year old daughter. We chose MATHSPOWER, a brilliant maths software program (Primary-Year 12) As seen on A CURRENT AFFAIR on a number of occasions. The owners are a husband & wife Anthony & Felicity Tannous, and 2 other partners, all Teachers I am told.

The Cost for 2 years is $399 ONLY !!! Never pay thousands for such sofware, those that do are without doubt being exploited BIGTIME!!

Mathspower -Back to the Future Education are currently in a Legal battle with The Australian Institute of Mathematics , over the name MATHEMAGIC which was registered initially by the MAthspower group. You can read all about it on the website link above.

All I know is that the MATHSPOWER program is exceptionally good. They have tutors on the phone to help students who get stuck, the lessons are all taught by Male & Female teachers whose voices are easy to understand, friendly & obviously Australian. The graphics are great, easy to use/load/feedback/ and best of all IT WORKS . My daughter has improved dramatically since using MATHSPOWER over the past 18 months.

So to all students on this forum considering coaching... Please !! Don't work for door to door sales companies that exploit parents who can least afford this type of entrapment & intimidation. You would only regret it later on when/if you become parents yourselves.

MathsPowerMum

Remember- What Goes Around, Comes Around- Karma!

v sia

HSC
MathsPowerMum said:

I have been reading comments in this forum with interest regarding 'Mathemagic' Computer Tutor used by Australian Institute of Mathematics-AIM, (Truth about the origin of this name suject of LITIGATION) See this website

then

Comments on your forum that the Institute advertisements on 2GB drive students crazy, the lessons are not based on NSW curriculum outcomes , and that the South African voices are irritating, and that the cost is outrageous, a rip off, and exploitation on a large scale of parents from low-middle income bracket who can least afford it.

I work in a University and am arguably very discriminating when it comes to choosing educational software for my 11 year old daughter. We chose MATHSPOWER, a brilliant maths software program (Primary-Year 12) As seen on A CURRENT AFFAIR on a number of occasions. The owners are a husband & wife Anthony & Felicity Tannous, and 2 other partners, all Teachers I am told.

The Cost for 2 years is $399 ONLY !!! Never pay thousands for such sofware, those that do are without doubt being exploited BIGTIME!!

Mathspower -Back to the Future Education are currently in a Legal battle with The Australian Institute of Mathematics , over the name MATHEMAGIC which was registered initially by the MAthspower group. You can read all about it on the website link above.

All I know is that the MATHSPOWER program is exceptionally good. They have tutors on the phone to help students who get stuck, the lessons are all taught by Male & Female teachers whose voices are easy to understand, friendly & obviously Australian. The graphics are great, easy to use/load/feedback/ and best of all IT WORKS . My daughter has improved dramatically since using MATHSPOWER over the past 18 months.

So to all students on this forum considering coaching... Please !! Don't work for door to door sales companies that exploit parents who can least afford this type of entrapment & intimidation. You would only regret it later on when/if you become parents yourselves.

MathsPowerMum

i wouldnt be suprised if you work for them
anyway if you really really wanted the softeware just download . $ 399 for software pfft

MathsPowerMum

HSC
N/A
Download From Where?

I hate to ask but..."What are you talking about?"
Dowload from where?

I certainly don't work for MATHSPOWER, and you are probably defaming Kip McGrath Centres, from what I hear they are actually very good. It is you who seems to work for their competitors...What is now ...come on cough up...probably James AN I'll bet

v sia

HSC
MathsPowerMum said:
Dowload from where?

I certainly don't work for MATHSPOWER, and you are probably defaming Kip McGrath Centres, from what I hear they are actually very good. It is you who seems to work for their competitors...What is now ...come on cough up...probably James AN I'll bet

Download from where ??? lol kazza .....

Of course im defaming Kip McGrath , they suck .

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I went to Kip a coupla times...i was having problems with maths. The first time i went helped a little, but they didnt actually explain anything, just showed me how to do the question i was stuck on and then moved on.

I did maths with them twice i think, but yeah, it was basically just help with questions i couldnt do. Then i did an english lesson. I had to write a transformations essay. The lady spent the majority of the time telling me how much she didnt know and then trying to get me to tell her the storyline of one text and how good it was. Then she ended up analysing my personality, questioning my sentence structure etc. And all this time im thinking "I just want you to help me put my ideas into words!!!!!"

I havent been back. I did the essay on my own without her help and got 14/20.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
MathsPowerMum said:

then

MathsPowerMum

how many times have you posted this thread?
its like in my thread about the maths computer tutor
u set ur own one up on the topic
i think we get the point

what does this have anything to do with Kip McGrath??

mthurgar

HSC
Good Tutoring

I have an excellent tutor for English and I dont agree that they are all 'Thieving..." I have had many tutors but it takes time to get a good one. This guy knows his stuff and marks HSC and all. My marks have improved heaps:)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
isnt this forum meant for students anyway (re MathsPowerMum)

the english tutor borrowed a dvd from me to help better understand Ros & guil. That was end term 2 and i still havent got it back.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
sorry to say this mathspowermum, but u do sound as if u work for them, or at least ur agreed to help them advertise...
of course, you might have gotten helped and wanting to share ur experience with other people... i mean, internet is internet... you might even be the developer of this software...

as for your comment regarding v_sia works for the competitor, well i believe is very nature if someone wants to have a grudge against soemone who ripped them off if that really happened... once i swore at sydney buses, does that make me an employee of westbus now?!
that is, i believe you are wrong... though it might be possible...

additionally, may i ask you why are you having a go at magemagic computer tutor?! competition supposing as well?!

@tatooed guy: have to make an objection to what you said... personally i met alot of tutors who are well dedicated... even at a class environment, they strive to make the most of every student...
even now when i am being a tutor, i would not accept tutoring fees unless i truly believed i made a difference 2day...

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
MathsPowerMum said:
Dowload from where?

Learn to speak English dipshit.

Insouciance

HSC
I spent a year and a half at Kip Mcgrath several years ago and I found that it did nothing to improve my maths skills, and that many of the teachers had too many students to really offer much individual help.

I moved onto private tutition with an amazing couple in Newcastle who ran small group lessons which did, in fact, work.

I have dropped maths and taken up French tutoring with another tutoring 'group' and I find one on one tutoring more effective but more expensive.

I personally feel that Kip Mcgrath isn't for people who are truly struggling, more for 'supervised study'.

Last edited:

dantay_au

HSC
dont know about all the experience you guys have had with kip mcgrath but they were great for me.

maths was completely kicking my ass until i got tutoring.

84/100 in the HSC.

Kip McGrath Dapto's math tutor was really helpful as all i needed was help understanding stuff that my teacher (very very arrogant un-helpful annoying... so on) didnt clarify.

Hazy

HSC
I've been going to tutor at Kip McGrath since I was in year 9 for English.

At first all they did was stick me on the computer and do these exercise questions on grammar/punctuation/vocab and it was REALLY boring.

It got better as I got older because I would start bringing my school work in and my tutor would help me and go through it all - assignments included.

He's really funny and he's actually a teacher at a high school, so he DOES know his HSC stuff.

I wouldn't really go there for maths though.

Just my two cents. :D

Hazy

HSC
^ Yup, I think so. Most of the teachers I've seen there do teach at a school though.

I'm not sure though - Try asking. :p

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
kip macgrath is rubbish. i wasnt that good at maths so i went there in year 9 but they put me in the 3u maths class because they had no where else to put me. didnt improve at all. get private tutoring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)