Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kip Mcgrath

HSC

Kip Mcgrath

Well its been around 5 months since i quit Kip ( yay ) . Reasons why i quit , teachers sucked , most of the work seemed to be a big waste of time , the teacher just couldnt wait to leave ( he constantly looked at the clock " sigh " ) it costs 40 bucks for 80 minutes and most of all the advertisements that willing parents read are so god damn misleading .
    Hi

i think most tutors are fucking theifing cunts....

i had a few tutors.........i even tutored people before........and i have to admit............i ripped them offff....some ppple are tooo stupid to help.....

some students only get tutoring so you do the work for them............which is annoying.

what did ur classes involve etc...............im very interested in how the classes/tutoring was conducted.........and ......if it actually helped with ur grades?

how were they misleading??????

expand on whqat u said.........if they ripped u offf.......here is ur chance to help destroy their businesss.

HSC
    N/A

MATHSPOWER vs AIM Using Mathemagic Name

Re C omputer Based Mathematics Tutoring Software.

I have been reading comments in this forum with interest regarding 'Mathemagic' Computer Tutor used by Australian Institute of Mathematics-AIM, (Truth about the origin of this name suject of LITIGATION) See this website

http://www.mathemagic.com.au

then

http://www.mathspower.com.au

Comments on your forum that the Institute advertisements on 2GB drive students crazy, the lessons are not based on NSW curriculum outcomes , and that the South African voices are irritating, and that the cost is outrageous, a rip off, and exploitation on a large scale of parents from low-middle income bracket who can least afford it.

I work in a University and am arguably very discriminating when it comes to choosing educational software for my 11 year old daughter. We chose MATHSPOWER, a brilliant maths software program (Primary-Year 12) As seen on A CURRENT AFFAIR on a number of occasions. The owners are a husband & wife Anthony & Felicity Tannous, and 2 other partners, all Teachers I am told.

The Cost for 2 years is $399 ONLY !!! Never pay thousands for such sofware, those that do are without doubt being exploited BIGTIME!!

Mathspower -Back to the Future Education are currently in a Legal battle with The Australian Institute of Mathematics , over the name MATHEMAGIC which was registered initially by the MAthspower group. You can read all about it on the website link above.

All I know is that the MATHSPOWER program is exceptionally good. They have tutors on the phone to help students who get stuck, the lessons are all taught by Male & Female teachers whose voices are easy to understand, friendly & obviously Australian. The graphics are great, easy to use/load/feedback/ and best of all IT WORKS . My daughter has improved dramatically since using MATHSPOWER over the past 18 months.

So to all students on this forum considering coaching... Please !! Don't work for door to door sales companies that exploit parents who can least afford this type of entrapment & intimidation. You would only regret it later on when/if you become parents yourselves.

MathsPowerMum

Remember- What Goes Around, Comes Around- Karma!

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by MathsPowerMum

I have been reading comments in this forum with interest regarding 'Mathemagic' Computer Tutor used by Australian Institute of Mathematics-AIM, (Truth about the origin of this name suject of LITIGATION) See this website

then

Comments on your forum that the Institute advertisements on 2GB drive students crazy, the lessons are not based on NSW curriculum outcomes , and that the South African voices are irritating, and that the cost is outrageous, a rip off, and exploitation on a large scale of parents from low-middle income bracket who can least afford it.

I work in a University and am arguably very discriminating when it comes to choosing educational software for my 11 year old daughter. We chose MATHSPOWER, a brilliant maths software program (Primary-Year 12) As seen on A CURRENT AFFAIR on a number of occasions. The owners are a husband & wife Anthony & Felicity Tannous, and 2 other partners, all Teachers I am told.

The Cost for 2 years is $399 ONLY !!! Never pay thousands for such sofware, those that do are without doubt being exploited BIGTIME!!

Mathspower -Back to the Future Education are currently in a Legal battle with The Australian Institute of Mathematics , over the name MATHEMAGIC which was registered initially by the MAthspower group. You can read all about it on the website link above.

All I know is that the MATHSPOWER program is exceptionally good. They have tutors on the phone to help students who get stuck, the lessons are all taught by Male & Female teachers whose voices are easy to understand, friendly & obviously Australian. The graphics are great, easy to use/load/feedback/ and best of all IT WORKS . My daughter has improved dramatically since using MATHSPOWER over the past 18 months.

So to all students on this forum considering coaching... Please !! Don't work for door to door sales companies that exploit parents who can least afford this type of entrapment & intimidation. You would only regret it later on when/if you become parents yourselves.

MathsPowerMum

i wouldnt be suprised if you work for them
    anyway if you really really wanted the softeware just download . $ 399 for software pfft
    Hi

HSC
    N/A

Download From Where?

I hate to ask but..."What are you talking about?"
    Dowload from where?

I certainly don't work for MATHSPOWER, and you are probably defaming Kip McGrath Centres, from what I hear they are actually very good. It is you who seems to work for their competitors...What is now ...come on cough up...probably James AN I'll bet

HSC
    Dowload from where?

I certainly don't work for MATHSPOWER, and you are probably defaming Kip McGrath Centres, from what I hear they are actually very good. It is you who seems to work for their competitors...What is now ...come on cough up...probably James AN I'll bet

Download from where ??? lol kazza .....

Of course im defaming Kip McGrath , they suck .
    Hi

HSC
    I went to Kip a coupla times...i was having problems with maths. The first time i went helped a little, but they didnt actually explain anything, just showed me how to do the question i was stuck on and then moved on.

I did maths with them twice i think, but yeah, it was basically just help with questions i couldnt do. Then i did an english lesson. I had to write a transformations essay. The lady spent the majority of the time telling me how much she didnt know and then trying to get me to tell her the storyline of one text and how good it was. Then she ended up analysing my personality, questioning my sentence structure etc. And all this time im thinking "I just want you to help me put my ideas into words!!!!!"

I havent been back. I did the essay on my own without her help and got 14/20.

Hates the waiting game... goan_crazy's Avatar
    HSC

then

MathsPowerMum

how many times have you posted this thread?
    its like in my thread about the maths computer tutor
    u set ur own one up on the topic
    i think we get the point

what does this have anything to do with Kip McGrath??
    B Business/ Bachelor of Laws 4th year- University of Technology, Sydney.

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by goan_crazy
    what does this have anything to do with Kip McGrath??
    competition
    BA (Cultural and Social Analysis) @ UWS

Member of the Multicultural Islamic Student Association

HSC

Talking Good Tutoring

I have an excellent tutor for English and I dont agree that they are all 'Thieving..." I have had many tutors but it takes time to get a good one. This guy knows his stuff and marks HSC and all. My marks have improved heaps

HSC
    i remember when i attended kip mgrah a LONG TIME ago, year 9 or somethin maybe, god they sucked.

'master coaching' or wateva is alot better.

HSC
    isnt this forum meant for students anyway (re MathsPowerMum)

the english tutor borrowed a dvd from me to help better understand Ros & guil. That was end term 2 and i still havent got it back.

duckie's REBORN!!!!! ^^ xiao1985's Avatar
    HSC
    sorry to say this mathspowermum, but u do sound as if u work for them, or at least ur agreed to help them advertise...
    of course, you might have gotten helped and wanting to share ur experience with other people... i mean, internet is internet... you might even be the developer of this software...

as for your comment regarding v_sia works for the competitor, well i believe is very nature if someone wants to have a grudge against soemone who ripped them off if that really happened... once i swore at sydney buses, does that make me an employee of westbus now?!
    that is, i believe you are wrong... though it might be possible...

additionally, may i ask you why are you having a go at magemagic computer tutor?! competition supposing as well?!

@tatooed guy: have to make an objection to what you said... personally i met alot of tutors who are well dedicated... even at a class environment, they strive to make the most of every student...
    even now when i am being a tutor, i would not accept tutoring fees unless i truly believed i made a difference 2day...
    DUCKIE IS REBORN!!!!! only 3 wks too earlie =S

"I am willing to give up any thing for you... even maths!!!!" - anonymous
    "Don't cry because it ended; smile because it happened." - anonymous

Mohammed was a paedophile Calculon's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A
    Dowload from where?

Learn to speak English dipshit.
    If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up because that cunt's a cunt - Tucker's Law

HSC
    I spent a year and a half at Kip Mcgrath several years ago and I found that it did nothing to improve my maths skills, and that many of the teachers had too many students to really offer much individual help.

I moved onto private tutition with an amazing couple in Newcastle who ran small group lessons which did, in fact, work.

I have dropped maths and taken up French tutoring with another tutoring 'group' and I find one on one tutoring more effective but more expensive.

I personally feel that Kip Mcgrath isn't for people who are truly struggling, more for 'supervised study'.
    Last edited by Insouciance; 29 Jul 2005 at 9:07 PM.
    Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaraunt, filled with odd waiters who bring you items you never asked for and don't always like.
    Not only am I very intelligent, but I'm also very smart.

HSC
    dont know about all the experience you guys have had with kip mcgrath but they were great for me.

maths was completely kicking my ass until i got tutoring.

84/100 in the HSC.

Kip McGrath Dapto's math tutor was really helpful as all i needed was help understanding stuff that my teacher (very very arrogant un-helpful annoying... so on) didnt clarify.

HSC

Re: Kip Mcgrath

I've been going to tutor at Kip McGrath since I was in year 9 for English.

At first all they did was stick me on the computer and do these exercise questions on grammar/punctuation/vocab and it was REALLY boring.

It got better as I got older because I would start bringing my school work in and my tutor would help me and go through it all - assignments included.

He's really funny and he's actually a teacher at a high school, so he DOES know his HSC stuff.

I wouldn't really go there for maths though.

Just my two cents.

HSC

Does anyone know what the process of becoming a tutor in Kip Macgrath is? Do you have to be a teacher/university qualified?
    HSC 05 98.60

Tutoring students in Sydney- Drama, Extension English 1 and 2, Modern History, History Extension and SOR 1:

Tutor Thread

Email me

HSC

^ Yup, I think so. Most of the teachers I've seen there do teach at a school though.

I'm not sure though - Try asking. :P

HSC

kip macgrath is rubbish. i wasnt that good at maths so i went there in year 9 but they put me in the 3u maths class because they had no where else to put me. didnt improve at all. get private tutoring.
    Educating women used to be an amusing experiment but now it's just bloody annoying.

DO YOU NEED RELIABLE MATHS OR ECONOMICS TUTORING IN THE PARRAMATTA-CARLINGFORD-EPPING AREA?

THEN FEEL FREE TO PM ME!

HSC

i went to kipmcgrath for years 11 and 12 and ended up with marks of 85, 90 and 94 so no complaints from me! my tutor did a lot of work outside the actual lesson (marking, feedback on my major work etc) which helped a lot.

HSC

Maths power is fucking awsome, stop baging out that other dude...im in year 11 atm and thanks to maths power im getting 90-100% in advanced maths. Its heaps good and definantly worth the money.

MATHSPOWER IS FUCKING NINJA!!!

Twisted firestarter hiphophooray123's Avatar
    HSC

private tutoring > master coaching > kip mc'grath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantello View Post
    You treat me like shit (racially) .

HSC

Yes, Kip Mcgrath sucks.. FULLSTOP.. i run my own private tuition only a couple of doors down from kip.. they advertise like crasy but they charge an arm and a leg for look at your child push some stoopid buttons. As all the comments above they don't really help, and to all those parents out there who think Kip has made a difference in your kids education.. congrats you now know your kids are naturally smart.. Kip did do shit.

My point is...how does a computer explain to your child what they don't understand, any tuition that teaches "old school" (pen to paper) style will always be better then a computer program (sorry mathpowermum).
    Then again some students are way beyond help!! the tutor can only do what he or she can to the best of thier ability in the class and then at home its up to the parents to keep an eye on thier work, nevertheless there are alot of shit shit tutors out there who at times can't even speak english properly but like a small fruit shop compared to woolworths we all need to survive.

Finally.. always ask your child if they are happy on a regualr basis with thier tuition... not just once or twice at the beginning..and CHECK THIER HOMEWORK!! thats the only way they can improve.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.Kerrison
    Maths power is fucking awsome, stop baging out that other dude...im in year 11 atm and thanks to maths power im getting 90-100% in advanced maths. Its heaps good and definantly worth the money.

MATHSPOWER IS FUCKING NINJA!!!
    Maybe I am old.. but I don't recall a subjec called advanced maths in year 11

And you made an account just to post that 1 message? LOL
    -Forgive me-

"UAI is inversely proportional to distance from the teacher"
    -The Late Syd Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information