Computor Tutoring (1 Viewer)

MathsPowerMum

HSC
N/A
Re C omputer Based Mathematics Tutoring Software.

I have been reading comments in this forum with interest regarding 'Mathemagic' Computer Tutor used by Australian Institute of Mathematics-AIM, (Truth about the origin of this name suject of LITIGATION) See this website

http://www.mathemagic.com.au

then

http://www.mathspower.com.au

Comments on the associated forum here that the Institute advertisements on 2GB drive students crazy, the lessons are not based on NSW curriculum outcomes , and that the South African voices are irritating, and that the cost is outrageous, a rip off, and exploitation on a large scale of parents from low-middle income bracket who can least afford it.

I work in a University and am arguably very discriminating when it comes to choosing educational software . We chose MATHSPOWER, a brilliant maths software program (Primary-Year 12) As seen on A CURRENT AFFAIR on a number of occasions. The owners are a husband & wife Anthony & Felicity Tannous, and 2 other partners, all Teachers I am told.

The Cost for 2 years is $399 ONLY !!! Never pay thousands for such sofware, those that do are without doubt being exploited BIGTIME!!

Mathspower -Back to the Future Education are currently in a Legal battle with The Australian Institute of Mathematics , over the name MATHEMAGIC which was registered initially by the MAthspower group. You can read all about it on the website link above.

All I know is that the MATHSPOWER program is exceptionally good. They have tutors on the phone to help students who get stuck, the lessons are all taught by Male & Female teachers whose voices are easy to understand, friendly & obviously Australian. The graphics are great, easy to use/load/feedback/ and best of all IT WORKS . My daughter has improved dramatically since using MATHSPOWER over the past 18 months.

So to all students on this forum considering working for door to door maths coaching institutes... Please !! Don't work for door to door sales companies that exploit parents who can least afford this type of entrapment & intimidation. Also unethical!

MathsPowerMum

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
MathsPowerMum said:
Re C omputer Based Mathematics Tutoring Software.

I have been reading comments in this forum with interest regarding 'Mathemagic' Computer Tutor used by Australian Institute of Mathematics-AIM, (Truth about the origin of this name suject of LITIGATION) See this website

http://www.mathemagic.com.au

then

http://www.mathspower.com.au

Comments on the associated forum here that the Institute advertisements on 2GB drive students crazy, the lessons are not based on NSW curriculum outcomes , and that the South African voices are irritating, and that the cost is outrageous, a rip off, and exploitation on a large scale of parents from low-middle income bracket who can least afford it.

I work in a University and am arguably very discriminating when it comes to choosing educational software . We chose MATHSPOWER, a brilliant maths software program (Primary-Year 12) As seen on A CURRENT AFFAIR on a number of occasions. The owners are a husband & wife Anthony & Felicity Tannous, and 2 other partners, all Teachers I am told.

The Cost for 2 years is $399 ONLY !!! Never pay thousands for such sofware, those that do are without doubt being exploited BIGTIME!!

Mathspower -Back to the Future Education are currently in a Legal battle with The Australian Institute of Mathematics , over the name MATHEMAGIC which was registered initially by the MAthspower group. You can read all about it on the website link above.

All I know is that the MATHSPOWER program is exceptionally good. They have tutors on the phone to help students who get stuck, the lessons are all taught by Male & Female teachers whose voices are easy to understand, friendly & obviously Australian. The graphics are great, easy to use/load/feedback/ and best of all IT WORKS . My daughter has improved dramatically since using MATHSPOWER over the past 18 months.

So to all students on this forum considering working for door to door maths coaching institutes... Please !! Don't work for door to door sales companies that exploit parents who can least afford this type of entrapment & intimidation. Also unethical!

MathsPowerMum
Could one of the moderators please move this post and any related posts to the Tutoring Reviews sub-forum?

Alternately, as the matter may be sub judice if there is litigation on foot, this post (and equally my post in reply) should be deleted.

MathsPowerMum

HSC
N/A
Do You Own This Forum?

legaleagle said:
Could one of the moderators please move this post and any related posts to the Tutoring Reviews sub-forum?

Alternately, as the matter may be sub judice if there is litigation on foot, this post (and equally my post in reply) should be deleted.
Mr Pardy,

Could you please state why you believe it is your right to request that a member's comments be deleted simply because you are a Solicitor in private practice?

The comments that have been previously posted by a large number of commentators on this forum pointed out that they themselves or aquaintances had been exploited by door to door sales people hawking a certain Mathematics software program.

Surely you cannot argue with a straight face that the comments that I have replied to herein are to be deleted on your say so! Especially considering that you have been offering your services as a Tutor on this Forum; after all others might see your attempts here as censorship, and imagine that perhaps you work for the Plaintiff in the Legal matter mentioned.

Times have no doubt moved on since you gained the LLB. After all if you have studied Modern History at the level that you stated you should realise that advertising your credentials here, then offering your services to students could be misinterpreted, especially so as you are posting demanding instructions to Moderators which would in the least require a modicum of authority... Do you have this by the way?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
MathsPowerMum said:
Mr Pardy,

Could you please state why you believe it is your right to request that a member's comments be deleted simply because you are a Solicitor in private practice?
That was not his reason for stating that your comments should be moved and/or deleted.

His point was that the matter may be sub judice - i.e. currently being heard before a court of law. The discussion of such matters in the public domain has the potential to prejudice the proper administration of justice in any related legal proceedings.

Having said that, I am not convinced that your comments thus far evince any real prospect of prejudice.

But I am convinced that your thread should have been created in the "Tutoring Reviews" sub-forum. I have moved it accordingly.

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Thanks for moving this thread of posts, Lazarus. I acknowledge your comments.

As a hopefully final aside, might I point out to MathsPowerMum the following:

1. I have no interest in or knowledge of either product/organisation;
2. My first suggestion to the moderators was that your original post be moved, not deleted;
3. There is a clear difference between asking the moderators to consider the nature of your original post and 'demanding' that it be deleted or removed. As you rightly point out, I have no authority whatsoever with respect to the operation of this site and/or the forums.

Regards

Ataturk

is this a joke?

mathspower tutoring is pathetic. friend of mine found the software and downloaded it. it cost me $0, not $399. and i still didnt get my money's worth.

computer tutoring only works for primary schoolers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)