Prior Maths Tutoring (1 Viewer)

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
My parents are considering letting me to get tutored at Prior for Mathematics 3 unit after getting disastrous mark during 3 of the exams (1st, half yearlies and yearlies got 70% and during the 3rd exam i got 95%) which then didnt allow me to get into 4 unit maths which i wanted to do.

I think my current maths tutor is alright, i get most of the stuff he teaches although it seemed like he didnt have much time to teach us all the things i had to do in the yearlies which was probably why i didnt do as well.

So is prior any good at all?I went to a consultation although it seemed rather expensive for they were offering like 5k for the whole year.

P

pLuvia

PRIOR is the best in my opinion, but if you like your tutor and that you understand him/her, then stick with them. They basically teach you the same stuff in the end, its just that PRIOR has workshops and better resources, which adds up to the total.

North Shore is about $1600 a year, if they had workshops and stuff, it would be like about, $400 - $800 more.

And yes it is quite expensive, but it is good.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
Is it tough to get into 4u at your schools?
Depends on ur rank in the year group, if you're around the top, then you're very likely to be eligible for 4u

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
seremify007 said:
Is it tough to get into 4u at your schools?
Not really. The Maths Coordinator said i need at least 80% average in all of the exams and he only considered our 3unit maths results not our 2unit maths results(in fact he didnt even look at the results).
My results at the end of the year should look like:
2 unit: around 95%
3unit: around 75%
Theres like this one person who had good enough results in 3unit to get into 4unit however his 2unit was a bit tragic and he was still allowed since by doing 4unit since 2unit results are not taken in consideration at all.

In my school, there are i think 7 that do 4 unit maths. And i hope that all 7 will not drop 4 unit maths and stick to it because if they do i get something real good.

P

pLuvia

Head Maths Teacher only allowed people with a rank above 20 to get in, I was one of them :D and would consider other people who got top 20 in the yearlies :)

Tenchi12

HSC
N/A
Hmmmz...

At Girra its your mark. If you get above 75 or around it, you get into 4u. We have like 3 classes now (at least 70 people i thnk)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well i got 93% for my 2u (just a few silly mistakes lost me a few marks) and 81% in 3u (which i was very pleased with because i felt good after doing the exam :D) and this ranked me in the top few of the year. When i asked my maths teacher if he thought i could do 4u, he said... "Yes." with no hesitation and i was really happy with everything :)

aek

Banned
HSC
PRIOR is the most over-rated tutoring agency i know of, i beg you not to attend there for the sake of your money and time.

wanton-wonton

HSC
aek said:
PRIOR is the most over-rated tutoring agency i know of, i beg you not to attend there for the sake of your money and time.
It's not an agency, buddy.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Coaching...

Kadlil, do you go to North Shore, yeh I have been there. Its pretty good, although the English work is extremely BOrInG!!!

Only 9 people at our school did 4U and they all had to get
i) 90+ for 2U
i) 80+ for 3U
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
oh am I bad once more. I wanted to press quick reply then it clicked on reply with quote. Sorry for the mistake(s)
1) Maths Question ( y=- x2+6x-4 )
2) This one....

wanton-wonton

HSC
pLuvia said:
PRIOR is the best in my opinion, but if you like your tutor and that you understand him/her, then stick with them. They basically teach you the same stuff in the end, its just that PRIOR has workshops and better resources, which adds up to the total.

North Shore is about $1600 a year, if they had workshops and stuff, it would be like about, $400 - $800 more.

And yes it is quite expensive, but it is good.
For some reason, you remind me of Kadlil, or however you spell that name. Anyway, he was shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)