TutorMaster - HASNT PAID, owe me $320 (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
fuck these bastards,

i called them like 20 times a day left over 10 messages, sent emails, sent letters and still no reply to get my 320 dollars worth of some 15 hrs of tutoring. These motherfuckers, im so pissed off. I sent in the claim form with the parents signatures like 2months ago and been calling them consistently for 2 months but still nothing, no replies, i think im gonna bloody explode soon.

If any of u ppl think of joining this tutormaster chain, just forget it, because you either get extremely late paydays or no pay at all.

7th Sign

HSC
australiatutoring or something owes me $400

saw the fat bitch owner on today tonight..

fat bitch if you are reading this I want my money...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it's a scam. they are all linked. my brother got scammed but only out of a few hrs tutoring. I'm never going near those places

Riviet

HSC
N/A
From what i've heard, you're not the only one.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
should form a group and take legal action - you never know, you may get not only the money you are owed.. but alot more too lol

rassie

HSC
hey guys,

if any of you still have problems, email me at jsma85@hotmail.com

They owe me quite a bit of money, and im trying to get as many people as I can to put pressure on them.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
you guys really should do something about this as a team, take them to court, sue them, get your money back + compensation for their cheating. you really should so in future people don't get scammed too.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
you guys really should do something about this as a team, take them to court, sue them, get your money back + compensation for their cheating. you really should so in future people don't get scammed too.
I agree, you should take the initiative if others haven't and face them, I mean you might make it onto Today Tonight or ACA if you take real action. ;)

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
oh, i know someone who has the same problem. he called them and left them 00's of msgs.. but no reply, so he went up to the office to find out what he calls "a virtual office". the only person there (somewhere on elizabeth st, martin place) is a security guard who knows nothing about the main office. apparently, their main office is situatated in melbourne only...must b shit to work in sydney for this "virtual company"!!

i do wonder how the parents pay for it though..
isnt it a bit dodgy, how they dont assess how ur teaching them? i mean (no offense) but ANYONE could work for them..is it not?

A1

HSC
N/A
Two more options:

Small claims tribunal
Office of fair trading in your capital city.

rassie

HSC

I spoke to the reception at their previous office in elizabeth st. Apparently they got kicked out of the building, and are now run by a different director at York st. So i went there and, surprise surprise, he wasnt in and the receptionist 'didnt know when he would be in.' Interestingly enough, their payroll address is in QLD, Labrador as you probably already know. But their registered 'main' address at the Australian Business Registrar is a '2067'(anyone know where this is?) post code in NSW. If anyone wants to give it a try, the new director, Salvador Paje, is at Level 2, 50 York st (His company, tutormaster, is not listed on the businesses list at the bottom of the building, though if you go up to level 2 the receptionist will know who he is). His office phone number is 9621 7226.
As i see it, we've got two methods of redress.

1st: write an official letter of complaint to ASIC -australian securities and investment commission (Tutormaster are under their jurisdiction), and the department of Fair Trading.

2nd: Take legal action in the form of breach of contract; or in the alternate, equity, under the doctrine of restitution.

Under the 2nd option what you've gotta realise is that, contract law is not pecuniary and so the money you'll get is what is owed under the contract. More specifically, what we would have got had the contract been performed as it should have been. It is extremely unlikely we will get extra damages due to malpractice.

What i suggest is that we all write letters of complaint to ASIC and Depart of Fair Trade. If the outcome is unsatisfactory, we could then get together, visit the office a few more times, and, lest we not get our payment within a reasonable period, contact a prominent news program, and, as last resort, start a class action.

If you've got any questions, email me: jsma85@hotmail.com

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
why not get all the names together and file a concurrent statement of claim to the local/district courts? that's the fundamental step of debt recovery and if they don't pay up, then you get a hearing.

bubble_tea

They sent me my payslip but I didnt receive any pay..
been calling them and emailing them! They owe me like $180!!

HSC
Has any one had any problems with Tutoring for Excellence? I've been thinking about joining up with them - but they seem to run of the same sort of system as these other ones do.
Any one know if they are any good in paying on time and what their pay rate is?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Well lucky I didn't join one
I got an invitation from tutorCentral.
But if this is what is happening, I don't think I'm likely to join one of these.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
chinesefireball said:
Has any one had any problems with Tutoring for Excellence? I've been thinking about joining up with them - but they seem to run of the same sort of system as these other ones do.
Any one know if they are any good in paying on time and what their pay rate is?
Haha. I got a phone call for an interview from TutoringForExcellence today, but I declined it...after reading this thread, I'm thinking twice about actually working for a tutoring college. Mind you, I don't know anything about TutoringForExcellence...they may not be like the other colleges mentioned here.

EDIT: are those scammers mentioned in this thread places which students physically attend, or businesses that set-up home tutoring between the student and the tutor?

Last edited:

Leish11

HSC
N/A
Tutor Master Scam

Please email me ASAP if you or someone you know has been scammed by Tutor Master at leish_nagle@hotmail.com

I am finding out if there is enough people being ripped off to run a story at Today Tonight (I am currently working at Seven). I have already spoken to a teacher and I am still researching this topic.

Send me your details through email, and I will get in contact with you.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)