mathemagic computer tutor LOL (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
this ad shits me
has anyone heard of it
everytime im listening to the radio it comes on
its annoying
mathemagic computer tutor

i think it would be rather interesting to see it tutoring 2unit HSC maths on the computer
:eek:
:rolleyes:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
omfg, that is the most fucked program i have eva known. their adds drive me fucking crazy i almost crashed when i was desperate to change the channel, like its the most fucked program on earth n if ur crazy enough u buy it u dont get da disk 4. they install it on2 ur computer. stupidity @ its worst :vcross:

switchblade87

HSC
Well..

You all seem to have a strong opinion against the program, but have any of you used it? You never know, it could be really useful.. :rolleyes: (so the advertisement says :p)

Any success stories from anyone who has used it?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
switchblade87 said:
You all seem to have a strong opinion against the program, but have any of you used it? You never know, it could be really useful.. :rolleyes: (so the advertisement says :p)

Any success stories from anyone who has used it?
I'm not against the program, I'm against the naming....

it is also a damn expensive package, but as long as they give me the job i don't give a damn.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
it's a load of crap.

Some one came into my house to give me a demonstration because I have a sister who's in year 3. It's like their target audience because it means 9 yrs of profit for them.

1) How can a computer replace a tutor, so without using it you know that it's impossible.

2) The program is worse than typing tutor programs in terms of educational value. It's worse than Freddy Fish or those other crap.

NEVER BUY IT.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
- any business that calls itself an "institute" is definitely dodgy.
- any marketing campaign based on a targeted guilt treatment towards anxious parents is reprehensible
- there is no substitute for live human contact over a cold computer
- there are too many coaching colleges as it is
- u can probably learn maths from your friends as they will face similar problems

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
arghhhhhhhhhh i wanna stab those idiots who are in the radio ad. They think that by making a person stutter and say "like" more than 3 times in a sentence would somehow convince us that its an 8 year old talking. Argh *stab stab*

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
zenger69 said:
it's a load of crap.

Some one came into my house to give me a demonstration because I have a sister who's in year 3. It's like their target audience because it means 9 yrs of profit for them.

1) How can a computer replace a tutor, so without using it you know that it's impossible.

2) The program is worse than typing tutor programs in terms of educational value. It's worse than Freddy Fish or those other crap.

NEVER BUY IT.
they have phone tutors too....

7th Sign

HSC
one of my mates got this burned every disc then sent it back lol....got a full re fund and a whole set of math a magic discs

aaaman

Banned
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
I'm signing up to be a phone tutor for that :p

arrrggg i hate the comany name "institue of mathematics"
u gotta b crazy?? r u gettin paid for it

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
man, srsly, it IS bloody expensive. they came to my house to sell it...they spent an hour talking about how its perfect and all....and they quoted the price $3600 in installments....HOW WRONG!!!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
3600? id rather go to a proper tutor :eek:
my 3 riends who work for them, and with all the marketing they do , i wouldnt be suprised they charge that much ...but even more if u pay by installments (some ridiculous interest rates)

but i guess it may be cheaper than hiring a tutor ... that is, if you have like 5 kids...

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Omg!!!!!!!

i almost crashed....AGAIN because of that thing, i was trying to change the radio station QUICKLY!!! and i didn't know the car in front was braking :confused:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
nick1048 said:
crap program I can do better... VB all the way!
in that case you are gonna make a program designed for helping students in maths in Visual Basic, mr "i can do everything" :p

padutz

HSC
my parents got it 4 me n my 3 bros about 4 yrs ago n i spose its good 2 the younger kids but its hopeless 4 us although the phone tutor isnt bad... and when i got it they didnt install it on my computer, they gave me the CDs

aaaman

Banned
HSC
padutz said:
my parents got it 4 me n my 3 bros about 4 yrs ago n i spose its good 2 the younger kids but its hopeless 4 us although the phone tutor isnt bad... and when i got it they didnt install it on my computer, they gave me the CDs
but that was 4 yrs ago, not today. da program would of been alot different now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)