How is everyone preparing for the 15 mark crime question? (1 Viewer)

Ballinnn

HSC
Title says it all. I havent started yet and dont know where too.

monsta4lyfe

HSC
I am creating an essay plan for each of the possible essay questions from the themes and challenges, longer response "learn to"'s, and even one for the principal focus, just like how I am planning for the two essays, only in much less depth.

Establish what LCMR I will be using, and practicing adapting those into responses.

^hope this helps.

Better get a move on, only 13 days left for Legal.

Ballinnn

HSC
Thanks :) ps, would you know if theres a word limit to any of the two extended responses for legal studies?

hholbrook

HSC
No limit as such but there are suggested lengths. Crime is approx. 600 words (could be done in 500ish), and the two options essays are approx 1000 words (could be done in 800). Markers have said in the past that students were able to access full marks within the recommended word lengths.

ZackXXT

HSC
Bare this in mind....

The multiple choice they allocate 30 minutes.

I don't know if its is just me.... I have done 4 past HSC multiple choice sections and achieved 18-19/20 average in 10 minutes.

Thus, enabling you to allocate 20 minutes across your other sections.....

e.g.

Multiple Choice: 10 Minutes
Human Rights: 20 Minutes
Crime Long Response: 45 Minutes (If you want, also the suggestion that it can be done in 500 words......... no)
Family Long Response: 50 Minutes
Workplace Long Response: 50 Minutes

:)

I personally believe the Crime Section one should write 800-900 Words.... which can be done in 40 minutes which is allocated to crime anyhow....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

OP,

I personally have prepared an extended essay on 'The extent to which the law balances the rights of victims, offenders and society', have primary focus on Criminal Trial but have also done extra paragraphs on Young Offenders and Police Powers specifically', the tensions which may arise.

Have done an essay on 'Alternative methods of sentencing, (effectiveness).

*Assess the Role of Law Reform in the Criminal Justice System*

*Assess the role of discretion in the Criminal Justice System*

and will be doing Compliance and Non-Compliance post trial as well as a specific essay on International Crime.

In learning all that information, I practice HSC questions in order to improve my ability to adapt my information, knowledge and pre-learned info to the question at hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)