Developing Recognition of Human Rights (1 Viewer)

VintageSquirtle

HSC
N/A
So referring to the syllabus, what do i need to actually know in regards to the points under the developing recognition of humans i.e. abolition of slavery, trade unionism and labour rights , etc.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm unsure,

but the way i understood it was that rather than specifics, the syllabus required a student to understand the methods through which human rights have developed, such as through legislation and the promotion through the UN and other international human rights bodies.

All of my HR notes are super brief, as HR is only assessed through MC and Short Answer. I always keep this in mind for HR.

Examine

same
HSC
I'm unsure,

but the way i understood it was that rather than specifics, the syllabus required a student to understand the methods through which human rights have developed, such as through legislation and the promotion through the UN and other international human rights bodies.

All of my HR notes are super brief, as HR is only assessed through MC and Short Answer. I always keep this in mind for HR.
You are on the mark.

In the past they have asked questions relating to the development of human rights over time and can inevitably ask a 5 marker question. So just know the developments such as the UDHR, ICESCR and ICCPR as well as specific legislation For example, the Slave Trade Act in 1803 (UK), the Slavery Abolition Act in 1833 (UK) and the General Act of Brussels in 1890 (this is just off the top of my head so the wording/years might be a bit off). Note that they can also specify which human right, so definitely prepare for all of them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)