Do not know what to write for this question. (1 Viewer)

deathpool87

HSC
N/A
The question is: Identify Two major human rights documents and explain their contribution to the development of human rights?
and was in a trial paper that we were given as practice for the HSC now the problem is A our teacher has left the school early and she is the only teacher who taught legal studies and we have no way of contacting her.

I am really confused by what to write about because in regards to the development of human rights I assume it is talking about slavery, peace rights etc but it is an 8 mark question and I don't know what to write about for 8 marks for this question and cannot ask my teacher for help.

spatula232

HSC
I'd go down the path of slavery, use the Slavery Convention (1926) UN and maybe UDHR or something along the lines of that. Just select your particular right (which you said) and include 2 documents which promote this. Identify and Explain for 8 Marks is a bit iffy though, I'd assume that it'd normally be worth like 6-7 max

IDFWU

HSC
Define human rights first. then choose an example, some including the UDHR, ICCPR (International Convention on Civil and Political Rights) and ICESCR (International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights).. (these 3 documents are called the International Bill of Rights) The International Bill of Rights (UDHR + ICCPR + ICESCR) has inspired over 200 other International treaties, Conventions, Declarations, Constitutions etc. All of these documents have contributed to the development of human rights. e.g ICCPR and ICESCR are examples of hard law (meaning that the documents create legally binding obligations on their members).

For example, "The ICESCR was finally implemented in 1966 and is an example of hard law, meaning that it creates legally binding obligations on their members, which further extends the importance of this document allowing more nation states to ratify it, thus influencing the development of human rights in that certain nation state and internationally. The ICESCR ensures that everyone is provided with everything they need in order to maintain human dignity, imposing legal obligations on signatory nations to take steps towards achieving the rights recognised, which include equal pay for equal work, social security, education, participation in cultural life and an adequate standard of living " .... provide examples to get that extra mark (e.g Original Protocol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)