Family (1 Viewer)

bouncing

HSC
Hi, can any past legal studies students give me advice on how i can keep myself up to date with this topic. My teacher said that family law is changing alot and that we should be reading the newspapers.. i dont read the newspaper that much but i watch news when its on tv (i usually dont hear much about family law at all) im guessing they dont find that stuff important engough to put on television?

Anyway, so in the end my question is should i subscribe to the newspaper - seeing as i will need to know a range of acts/cases - media articles in the future for an essay ...

any tips on how to study this unit most effectively will be greatly appreciated!

HSC
I was pretty lucky in the sense that my teacher ended up collating significant articles from the news to signify legal updates. If you're generally up to date I don't think a subscription is necessary and you can just look up articles online, though if you do I'd recommend the SMH since that's where most of my articles were from.

However I personally preferred looking at family law books in the library/government related online updates because they're designed to keep the general public informed about legislative changes in reasonably easy to understand language:) I personally actually also liked looking at the mini legal aid publications on family law to cover main areas of family law in Australia or first year uni family law overview thingos.

Good luck:)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)