CAFS IRP- Please PLEASE PLEASE fill in my Questionnaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmmmmmmmmy

HSC
My Question is :Main influences on young drivers (17-25 years old) that engage them in risk taking behaviours....Thankyou so much for filling out my Questionnaire i REALLY appreciate it!!:) If You can suggest any other questions that would be really good!

Female

What licence do you currently hold ______________________________

How often do you usually drive a car or other motor vehicle? How many times a week?_____________________________________________________________

What do you believe are the main influences that affect young drivers? _________

Have you ever felt pressured by other drivers on the road? Yes No
If yes…..
How do you feel pressured by these drivers?_______________________________

Have you ever sped? Yes No
If yes…..

How many km/h over did you go _______________________________________

Have you ever driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Yes No

Do you believe that passengers in the car while you are driving, is distracting? Explain __________________________________________________________

Have you ever driven with friends? Yes No
If yes…

Did you feel pressured by the passengers? Yes No
If yes…

What were they pressuring you to do? Speed Race another vehicle

Drive under the influence of drug/alcohol

Other ___________________________________________________________

Did you give into the pressure and do what they said? Yes No

What type of risks have you taken while driving?__________________________

Have you ever been involved in a car accident? If yes specify what it was due to (e.g speeding, drink driving, Negligence etc) ___________________________________

Do you believe that more driver education and driving course are necessary? Why?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you believe that society and the government are doing enough to encourage safe driving behaviours? Do you believe they are addressing the problem? Do you believe it is working? ______________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What type of driver would you call yourself?
Risk taker easily influenced Safe driver

Other ____________________________________________________________

ellen.louise

HSC
emmmmmmmmmy said:
My Question is :Main influences on young drivers (17-25 years old) that engage them in risk taking behaviours....Thankyou so much for filling out my Questionnaire i REALLY appreciate it!!:) If You can suggest any other questions that would be really good!

Female

What licence do you currently hold L plates
How often do you usually drive a car or other motor vehicle? How many times a week?not a lot: average about once every 2 - 3 weeks. SO SAD!

What do you believe are the main influences that affect young drivers?
peer pressure, hormones, invincibility syndrome.

Have you ever felt pressured by other drivers on the road? Yes No
If yes….. Only because of inexperience: feel bad about going a bit slower than other traffic when really i should be thinking: "fuck em. better than me crashing"
How do you feel pressured by these drivers ^^^

Have you ever sped? Yes No
If yes….. By Accident!

How many km/h over did you go Maybe 5 - 10. especially when you fail to see the giant, bright red "School Zone" signs. As I said, i'm a learner. I don't always notice these things.

Have you ever driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Yes No

Do you believe that passengers in the car while you are driving, is distracting? Explain Yes they can be: I hate driving with more than one passenger (my instructor) in the car. That's why people aren't allowed to talk to me while I am driving.

Have you ever driven with friends? Yes No
If yes…

Did you feel pressured by the passengers? Yes No
If yes…

Other ___________________________________________________________

Have you ever been involved in a car accident? If yes specify what it was due to (e.g speeding, drink driving, Negligence etc) Very minor: rear ender. Don't know cause. prob. negligence...

Do you believe that more driver education and driving course are necessary? Why?
Yeah because some people just know fuck all about driving. It's important young people learn about car maitenance, how to change a tyre, all that other kind of stuff. If they don't they could get stuck or just generally fuck up their car by not taking proper care of it.

Do you believe that society and the government are doing enough to encourage safe driving behaviours? Do you believe they are addressing the problem? Do you believe it is working? Society is trying. It's good that people are trying to develop an "SHAME!" attitude towards irresponsible drivers. Zero tolerance is absolutely neccassary. It's maybe starting to work. But the problem is, P-platers are taking the rap for a lot of road safety levels. I suppose that by accepting harsher restrictions on them, the good drivers have to take one for the team so that the shitty drivers who do stoopid stuff don't go out and kill people.

Other um... Learner? I have plans to be a safe driver, I don't take stupid risks but I still don't feel like a safe driver yet. (Dats why we needs da driving instructor)

iceflower86

HSC

What licence do you currently hold ___Green P____

How often do you usually drive a car or other motor vehicle? How many times a week? __Every weekday, some weekends ______________________

What do you believe are the main influences that affect young drivers? __Pressure or desire to be 'cool' and speed or show off, drive for the sake of it, transport lots of mates that may distract your driving_______

Have you ever felt pressured by other drivers on the road? Yes

If yes…..
How do you feel pressured by these drivers?___Feel pressure to go faster when they are sitting on my tail____________________________

Have you ever sped? Yes
If yes…..

How many km/h over did you go __Less than 10km, only to safely keep up with traffic on the motorway_____________________________________

Have you ever driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol? No

Do you believe that passengers in the car while you are driving, is distracting? Explain ___Yes, I feel pressured to be be a better driver and I get flustered and make mistakes. I also find it hard to talk and drive at the same time.______________________________________________ ________

Have you ever driven with friends? Yes
If yes…

Did you feel pressured by the passengers? No
If yes…

What type of risks have you taken while driving?___I try not to, I occasionally might pull out quickly in front on someone as oppose to waiting when it would ahve been safe to go_______________________

Have you ever been involved in a car accident? If yes specify what it was due to (e.g speeding, drink driving, Negligence etc)____No_______________________________

______Yes. Too many p'laters are having crashes! Nearly all of the people I age I know who drive had had at least 1 accident._

Do you believe that society and the government are doing enough to encourage safe driving behaviours? Do you believe they are addressing the problem? Do you believe it is working? ____I think so, maybe additional courses on defensive driving would help.______________________________________________ ____

Safe driver

Other ___Paranoid driver!!_______________________________________________ __________

oe

HSC
Female

What licence do you currently hold __P1____________________________

How often do you usually drive a car or other motor vehicle? How many times a week?___6 days car______________________________________________ ___________

What do you believe are the main influences that affect young drivers? trying to impress friends by having loud music and driving fast etc. _________________________________________________ ________________
__________________________________________________ ________________

If yes…..
How do you feel pressured by these drivers?
some are intimidating especially towards a red p plate because of their reputation. some people are just jerks though. __________________________________________________ ________________

Have you ever sped? Yes
If yes…..

How many km/h over did you go ____10-20 but only at night when there isnt any one on the roads. ___________________________________

Do you believe that passengers in the car while you are driving, is distracting? Explain __________________________________________________ no i concerntrate on the road not them. theyre only distracting if you make them.
__________________________________________________ ______________

If yes…

If yes…

Other __________________________________________________ _________

__________________________________________________ _______________

Have you ever been involved in a car accident? If yes specify what it was due to (e.g speeding, drink driving, Negligence etc)_
only in South Africa car pile up.__________________________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________

yes, to those who speed but not for the people who are sensible. its not all p-plates who are unsensible, there are alot of sensible ones too. __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Do you believe that society and the government are doing enough to encourage safe driving behaviours? Do you believe they are addressing the problem? Do you believe it is working? _i dont think the new rules of 1 person in a car after 11pm-5am will work. more people will be walking the streets at night and it will leave people stranded with no way home resulting in more young girls walking the street and could become targets for sexual harassment. The license taken off after speeding will make people think twice about speeding. and p plates on the outside is good but its easier for people to steal the p-plates and you will be left with none and you can get fined.

Other ___Safe driver who is not easily influenced. _______________________________________________ __________

Other __________________________________________________ __________

allysha

i wish upon a star...
HSC

What licence do you currently hold P1

How often do you usually drive a car or other motor vehicle? How many times a week?_ EVERY SINGLE DAY

What do you believe are the main influences that affect young drivers?
PEER PRESSURE, DESIRE TO BE POPULAR, STUPIDITY, BAD ROLE MODEL DRIVERS
If yes…..
How do you feel pressured by these drivers?
THEY SIT ON UR BUMPER

Have you ever sped? Yes
If yes…..

How many km/h over did you go NOT MUCH

Do you believe that passengers in the car while you are driving, is distracting? Explain THEY CAN BE, ITS AN ART OF LEARNING TO IGHNORE THEM, IF U HAV KIDS UR STILL GOONNA HAV 2 DRIVE EM ROUND

If yes…

Other __________________________________________________ _________

__________________________________________________ _______________

Have you ever been involved in a car accident? If yes specify what it was due to (e.g speeding, drink driving, Negligence etc NO

YES BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW SOME PEOPLE PASS THEIR TEST, THEIR TERRIBLE
Do you believe that society and the government are doing enough to encourage safe driving behaviours? Do you believe they are addressing the problem? Do you believe it is working? NO NO NO

SAFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)