Woolworths Employee Discount Cards (1 Viewer)

xoxo

HSC
well i have been working at woolies for approx 4 months....and i was under the impression that my probationary period finished at 3 months and that was when my pay went up and i got the discount card

should i approach my boss about this or should it be them who talk to me about it. i am part time and my pay should also go up more when im 17 in a few days...someone said i may have to apply for the card and talk to them about it

anyone help me out? or know for sure?

thanks

Scanorama

HSC
So have your paid gone up yet? When I got out of probation my pay didn't go up for a week and I had to tell the office about it, all was fixed the week after.

As for the discount card, you are eligible for one if you have been there for 3 weeks. It took 6 weeks for mine to arrive. It has probably arrived at your store and now sitting in the cash office, try ask the people in the office and see if its there or not.

vg_woz_here

HSC
lmao ive been at woolies for about 3-4wks and i got my discount card on my 2nd week.

you should get more after probation or when you actually turn 17.

and 5% discount is lousy.

tennille

HSC
The cash office should have your discount card, so you should see them about it. :)

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Just a question:

Is it worth joining awe? How much does it cost?

sladehk

le random
HSC
5% that's so stingy .. should be at least 15% =9

shariken

HSC
Oh that is so unfair. When I first startyed there I didn't get my card until 3-4 months time. I don't understand why you got yours so soon because your still on probabtion and because when I was asking about getting my new card for 2006 a girl told me you have to work there for 3 months to be eligible...Sucky Woolworths Limited changing their rules.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
That's what they told me at induction yesterday.

"After you're confirmed" aka 3 months.

Scanorama

HSC
Excalibur_ said:
That's what they told me at induction yesterday.

"After you're confirmed" aka 3 months.
When did they change that policy? When I started last year, it was still 3 weeks.

daza|ex

HSC
The discount is very good as it is valid at DSE, Tandy and such. I purchased a laptop and saved $100 using the card - now tell me that's lousy. 5% off your groceries does add up too, if you [your family] spend $200 every couple of weeks and you save $10 - that's $10 less they pay. Over a year they save $260.

I sorely miss my discount card (ex-Woolworths employee). I tell ya what, someone mail me theirs and I'll pay you to do so :p .. you can go claim a new one too!

sladehk

le random
HSC
wow DSE and tandy.. no bad.. especially off plasmas, projectors nad ipods.. =D

shariken

HSC
Scanorama said:
When did they change that policy? When I started last year, it was still 3 weeks.
Are you sure..when I started september last year their policy was three months..?

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
Does anybody know how important the 4-7-11 evaluations are? The guy who's doing mine is a dickhead, he's moody and rude, and then tries to tell me that I don't appear to be enjoying the job and bla bla bla. He basically doesn't like me. He's 2nd in charge of our department. The dept manager and I get along well enough. He said I have a 'bad attitude' which is completely untrue and would be more correct if he had been describing himself. He's not well-liked among the other employees, from what I've heard. The week 4 one was positive, and then it all went south at the 7 week one.

Should I be concerned at all? :confused:

vg_woz_here

HSC
the 4-7-11 thingo is important. its to see whether you make it past probation or not. im up to week 7...and im doing good. lol

see how things go in week 11??? or say something to you dept manager???

Scanorama

HSC
lol I didn't even get to do the 4-7-11. My manager did and signed it for me!!!!! I asked him a couple of times about that when I was still on probation and he always said we are too busy and haven't got around to it blah blah blah. While the fact he had done it and signed it.

I only found out when my probation was over and the form was lying in the office. The comment they wrote were excellent though. It said how much I cared about the customers, always go for the extra miles, the fact is I don't lol.

My department manager is nice, 2IC is awesome. I work at nightfill, the nightfill manager is cool. One of the duty manager is a total bitch, everyone hates her. The other one is good.

Scanorama

HSC
shariken said:
Are you sure..when I started september last year their policy was three months..?
Yeah I am sure it was 3 weeks, I got my card in 5-6 weeks. I remember the induction dude went on about how cool Woolies is, the policy is 3 weeks while Coles Myer is 3 months.

shariken

HSC
I didn't even get my thing signed until after 4 months of working...So I think I got ripped off for a month because my pay went up after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)