Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Coles Pay Rate

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2000
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    6

    Coles Pay Rate

    Hey, what is the current pay rate for a casual checkout service assistant at coles for a 17-year old.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Premium Member withoutaface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,144
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    $1trillion/aeon
    siganture removed due to excessive size

  3. #3
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    I'm thinking it's around the $11 mark.

  4. #4
    ^wooz*y^
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Campbelltown
    Posts
    2,473
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    I'm thinking it's around the $11 mark.
    $11.30 or 11.70.

  5. #5
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooz
    $11.30 or 11.70.
    yeh it should be around that mark, i started working at coles when i was 18, i was getting paid $13.50 and now im 19 and getting paid $16.02 an hour.

    so the 17 yr old mark would be around the $11 region.

    sundays is time a& a half
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Is it different when you're 21+?
    ~CloudStrife~


  7. #7
    =)
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    at woolies its about $16 or so for a part timer over 21 ($19 or so for casual). it doesnt go up after you turn 21. coles would be similar.

  8. #8
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Yeah, Coles for a 21yr old is ~$20.

  9. #9
    Senior Member greekgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    To be exact, for a 17 year old casual checkout service assistant, the rate is;
    Weekdays- 10.01364
    Saturday- 11.01504
    Sunday- 15.60464

  10. #10
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by greekgun
    To be exact, for a 17 year old casual checkout service assistant, the rate is;
    Weekdays- 10.01364
    Saturday- 11.01504
    Sunday- 15.60464
    What?
    You get paid more on Saturdays?
    Sure??!

  11. #11
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by greekgun
    To be exact, for a 17 year old casual checkout service assistant, the rate is;
    Weekdays- 10.01364
    Saturday- 11.01504
    Sunday- 15.60464
    your wrong...

    for eg:

    weekdays - $10.00
    sundays - $15.00

    sundays is time & a half

    saturday is part of the weekdays. greekgun..if u worked checkout, u would realise that when you do sunday night close-up, its why u have to do a FULL bag up of the money in the register, not just the usual bag-up of money like the other days.
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  12. #12
    Senior Member greekgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti
    your wrong...

    for eg:

    weekdays - $10.00
    sundays - $15.00

    sundays is time & a half

    saturday is part of the weekdays. greekgun..if u worked checkout, u would realise that when you do sunday night close-up, its why u have to do a FULL bag up of the money in the register, not just the usual bag-up of money like the other days.
    Well i copied the pay rate staight off my pay slips so unless there wrong...

  13. #13
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by greekgun
    Well i copied the pay rate staight off my pay slips so unless there wrong...
    Is this a Coles store?
    Casual/PPT?

    Because I find it weird....
    For me, Mon-Sat is Ord rate.
    Sun is Pen rate.. and even though it's supposed to be 1.5x, it's still $2/hr lower than it should be..

  14. #14
    Knuckles Omium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Physics
    Posts
    1,739
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    Is this a Coles store?
    Casual/PPT?
    Because I find it weird....
    For me, Mon-Sat is Ord rate.
    same....
    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    Sun is Pen rate.. and even though it's supposed to be 1.5x, it's still $2/hr lower than it should be..
    wtf, $2/hr lower, speak to your manager, just calculate your sunday hours with your ordinary pay and then x by 1.5 .

  15. #15
    Senior Member greekgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    Is this a Coles store?
    Casual/PPT?

    Because I find it weird....
    For me, Mon-Sat is Ord rate.
    Sun is Pen rate.. and even though it's supposed to be 1.5x, it's still $2/hr lower than it should be..
    Im a casual worker at coles and yes it is at a coles store. If u think its wrong then maybe i should ask my manager about it. If im getting paid less then what im supposed to be getting, someones going to get hurt .

  16. #16
    Cadet alfonso22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Marayong
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    i work at target and its under the colesmyer group..

    anyways i am a casual worker

    the deal is its normal pay rate mon-sat and sunday is penalty rates

    however..

    sunday rate is 1.5x the part time rate on sundays not of the noraml casual rate

    so yeah..i'm just going to get another job..lol

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Over 20 rate at Coles is 16.69 for FT or PTers (Base rate), 20.02 for casual.

    19 rate is 14.20 for FT/PT, 17.05 for casual.

    18 year rate is 11.26 for FT/PT, 13.51 for casual.

    17 is 9.00 for FT/PT, 10.81 for casual.

    16 is 7.92 for FT/PT, 9.51 for casual.


    Sunday rates are 1.5x the base rate for FT/PT, 1.7x the base rate (not their 1.2 rate) for casuals.

  18. #18
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zozo6969
    Over 20 rate at Coles is 16.69 for FT or PTers (Base rate), 20.02 for casual.

    19 rate is 14.20 for FT/PT, 17.05 for casual.

    18 year rate is 11.26 for FT/PT, 13.51 for casual.

    17 is 9.00 for FT/PT, 10.81 for casual.

    16 is 7.92 for FT/PT, 9.51 for casual.


    Sunday rates are 1.5x the base rate for FT/PT, 1.7x the base rate (not their 1.2 rate) for casuals.
    Hm.. I dont get the rate mentioned..
    Maybe it varies between stores.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Are the Coles Checkouts easy to use? I wanna use one. I don't know why, they just look pretty cool. It seems my store has just upgraded the system again, the menu sorta looks the same, but all the employees are doing a pretty cool looking training program on them when I go in there. Is keying in produce items easy?

  20. #20
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch179
    Are the Coles Checkouts easy to use? I wanna use one. I don't know why, they just look pretty cool. It seems my store has just upgraded the system again, the menu sorta looks the same, but all the employees are doing a pretty cool looking training program on them when I go in there. Is keying in produce items easy?
    Yeah, they're heaps easy to use. If you're not retarded.

    Coles is getting a new system. Same layout except we have those gay multi-buy and blah blah buy sales going on.... like Woolies...

    It's going to be so stupid though.... e.g. Buy two 2L Cokes and get a 50g Mars bar free.. people are just going to pick the wrong sized "free" candy bar and demand it's our fault for being misleading or some crap. When they clearly can't read. We have all these issues on ticketing already and because we have so many dumbasses in my area it's going to be chaotic.

    Keying in produce items is easy as. There's usually a number on the fresh produce. If there is none, just ask the customer what the full name of the fruit/vege is called and you can just search it up by hitting "Fresh Produce", and a QWERTY keyboard will pop up and you just type it in...... and it also shows you a clear coloured picture so it's practically impossible to get wrong.

    Then when you get more used to the system, you will be able to just type in codes from the top of your head. Refer to "Memorising Key Codes" thread.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    Yeah, they're heaps easy to use. If you're not retarded.

    Coles is getting a new system. Same layout except we have those gay multi-buy and blah blah buy sales going on.... like Woolies...

    It's going to be so stupid though.... e.g. Buy two 2L Cokes and get a 50g Mars bar free.. people are just going to pick the wrong sized "free" candy bar and demand it's our fault for being misleading or some crap. When they clearly can't read. We have all these issues on ticketing already and because we have so many dumbasses in my area it's going to be chaotic.

    Keying in produce items is easy as. There's usually a number on the fresh produce. If there is none, just ask the customer what the full name of the fruit/vege is called and you can just search it up by hitting "Fresh Produce", and a QWERTY keyboard will pop up and you just type it in...... and it also shows you a clear coloured picture so it's practically impossible to get wrong.

    Then when you get more used to the system, you will be able to just type in codes from the top of your head. Refer to "Memorising Key Codes" thread.
    The multi-buys won't automatically calculate? With woolies, they did. If it was buy 2 cokes, get 1 for 5% off or something, it would automatically show up.

    I know this because I used to work there, now I work at Target where all the good people work (at a Coles Group company)

  22. #22
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch179
    The multi-buys won't automatically calculate? With woolies, they did. If it was buy 2 cokes, get 1 for 5% off or something, it would automatically show up.

    I know this because I used to work there, now I work at Target where all the good people work (at a Coles Group company)
    Coles is going to be automatic aswell! thankgod for that...
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  23. #23
    ... CieL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch179
    The multi-buys won't automatically calculate? With woolies, they did. If it was buy 2 cokes, get 1 for 5% off or something, it would automatically show up.

    I know this because I used to work there, now I work at Target where all the good people work (at a Coles Group company)
    Yeah, multi-buys automatically calculates..

    But I forgot what the other one was called... but as I said, it's something like, "Buy two 2L Cokes, get a 50g Mars Bar free"... then people are going to pick up a 80g [or just another size that's not on promo] Mars bar and wonder why it's not free

    Do you understand?

  24. #24
    Rambo wrxsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nandos
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    But I forgot what the other one was called... but as I said, it's something like, "Buy two 2L Cokes, get a 50g Mars Bar free"... then people are going to pick up a 80g [or just another size that's not on promo] Mars bar and wonder why it's not free
    'Bonus Buy'....getting a free item when purchasing specified items.
    An architects dream is a Structural Engineers nightmare.

    My engineering skills:


  25. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Coles Pay Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by CieL
    Hm.. I dont get the rate mentioned..
    Maybe it varies between stores.
    it does depend a little on how long you've been at the company.
    i always notice a pay rise on the date i began.
    its not that much, about 25 cents, but it IS something.


    anyone know the supervisor rates?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •