Page 543 of 598 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593 ... LastLast
Results 13,551 to 13,575 of 14950
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Woolworths Thread

HSC

Re: The Woolworths Thread

Quote Originally Posted by britto89 View Post
    Also, i hope all the number rearranging doesn't mean that when woolies calls us we can't tell is them.
    How can we tell it's them currently? It just says 951.

Worst thing is that they take your numbers down with them when they break.
    You can force it off through Office. It'll say it can't then another box will come up, click yes and you can then sign on while it's rebooting.
    I am an employee of Woolworths Limited.
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by iMathew View Post
    How can we tell it's them currently? It just says 951.

You can force it off through Office. It'll say it can't then another box will come up, click yes and you can then sign on while it's rebooting.
    Sorry I mean when they call you up to ask if you can work, etc. At the moment you can see that its woolies calling your mobile phone. I'm worried that the new ones will come up as "Unknown".

And yeah, i know you can force sign off but i never like to do that because when you reboot when its frozen it will try and logon with the last operator. so when it rebooted it logged me back on and printed the docket as soon as storeline finished loading. if i had logged onto another register it probably would have had issues doing this. i was also all alone in liquor so i just called the duty manager for her numbers as the quick temporary fix rather than listening to the service desk phone ring a million times and not be answered.
    Past - HSC 2007 (3Unit maths, std english, physics, chemistry, IT(VET))
    Past - Cert IV in Information Technology (Networking major)
    Present - BSci/BTeach @ CSU

HSC

What? Are you sure it's not just saved in your phone as Woolworths? :s
    And when it reboots, it doesn't cause issues if you're re-logged in elsewhere. It will void the transaction and then you can just sign it off like normal

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by iMathew View Post
    What? Are you sure it's not just saved in your phone as Woolworths? :s
    And when it reboots, it doesn't cause issues if you're re-logged in elsewhere. It will void the transaction and then you can just sign it off like normal
    @reboot Awesome, i know for next time. Perhaps there is a way to be signed onto two registers at once?

@phone I don't think you understand. At the moment the woolworths store numbers are public. that is if you ring someone (external) who has caller ID then the number will show up and if its a mobile and they have the number saved then it will show the name (which is what i have done). what i'm worried is that when they change the phone system over they'll go to a private or blocked number so that when they call you it just shows up as Private or unknown on your phone.

HSC

additionally, instead of Start menu, shut down. just do start menu, log off. it does the same thing and will re log in itself without turning all the way off and on again, much quicker.

HSC

Is the current EBA available online anywhere?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by BSammy View Post
    additionally, instead of Start menu, shut down. just do start menu, log off. it does the same thing and will re log in itself without turning all the way off and on again, much quicker.
    i prefer the full reboot since it was most likely a printer issue. i know on my computer printer issues normally require a reboot.

@quick90 - the current one is on AllYours or the SDA union website.

HSC

ok so I'm wondering if someone can help me.

Our smokeshop lady has just gone on maternity leave and the role of smokes autostockr has been delegated to me. I know how to print negatives, adjust when required, gap scans before 8am and going through the smokeshop once a week and adjusting SOH. is there anything else I need to know/do?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by quick90 View Post
    Is the current EBA available online anywhere?
    As far as I know we don't have a current EBA.

This is the most recent one which I guess is sort of still going until it's sorted out.
    http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agre...a/AE877944.pdf

Wavin' her caboose at you nanakid12's Avatar
    HSC

i prefer the full reboot since it was most likely a printer issue. i know on my computer printer issues normally require a reboot.
    I never do the whole reboot through the start menu, I just press the button on the machine under the cash drawer, then turn it back on. Ha.

Those new phone and register upgrades look awesome, but I don't completely understand that one about "supervisor privilege receipt"? Will that like print off a slip, and it can be "entrused" to operators to open to SVR Menu? And to override Product Withdrawals, and the Control Checks, QTY's, etc...? But not to sign on. Am I right?

I also think working at Woolworths is starting to get good again... well for me anyway. We've got a few new staff starting this week, and I'm actually getting some of my supervising shifts back. I'm also starting to do some hours through the day, which is great (though just as checkouts). Hopefully it gets better

Also, with regards to the new agreement... are we supposed to vote NO! NO NO NO NOOOOOO!!!!

?
    All statements made are my own opinion and not those of my employer

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by nanakid12 View Post
    I never do the whole reboot through the start menu, I just press the button on the machine under the cash drawer, then turn it back on. Ha.

Those new phone and register upgrades look awesome, but I don't completely understand that one about "supervisor privilege receipt"? Will that like print off a slip, and it can be "entrused" to operators to open to SVR Menu? And to override Product Withdrawals, and the Control Checks, QTY's, etc...? But not to sign on. Am I right?
    ?
    I'm not sure about the supervisor slip. It would be good if you had the chance to make it single use or something like that but i doubt it. takes me back to using the old registers which used to be more secure with two-factor authentication. it still surprises me to this day that WowPOS reverted to a single factor of authentication.

As for the phones I think stores should be able to add (via a website request form or something) numbers into speed dial and also specify things (in addition to the default) like the hunt groups. i know my store would probably want the liquor phone to ring at the same time the service desk one starts ringing (after the duty manager or office haven't picked up) since at the moment its quite common for the liquor staff member to answer the phone if they can.

f-r-e-s-h, we fresh! the way to go's Avatar
    HSC

to me it's sounding like the barcode generator is so a supervisor doesn't have to type in their numbers in infont of the checkout operator... sounds like that they just don't trust staff but from the incidents I've heard of at other stores this seems to be an issue :\

has anyone heard ANYTHING at all about a new agreement?
    did i just say that out loud?

HSC

Could someone please help clarify this for me: " An employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3
    consecutive days off which shall include Saturday and Sunday, once
    every 4 weeks. By mutual agreement alternative arrangements may
    apply
    ." I'm full time, And I am currently contracted to work every sunday. does this affect me?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by the way to go View Post
    to me it's sounding like the barcode generator is so a supervisor doesn't have to type in their numbers in infont of the checkout operator... sounds like that they just don't trust staff but from the incidents I've heard of at other stores this seems to be an issue :\

I hadn't even thought of that. But you are absolutly right as it stops people using your numbers just because they have a keen eye. I remember before WowPOS came in though there were lots of rumors that we'd have swipe card things since we knew they didn't have keys. I assume the barcodes are like self-serve and last until you change your password.

HSC

New Woolworths Limited site (www.woolworthslimited.com.au), as well as full year sales results out today.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by the way to go View Post
    3% pay rise per year, not sure about other changes but the draft EBA is apparently floating around. Voting is August 20-Sept 7 instore.
    English Adv / EE1 / SOR1 / Math / Modern History / Biology / Economics

HSC

Could someone please help clarify this for me: " An employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3
    apply
    ." I'm full time, And I am currently contracted to work every sunday. does this affect me?

If your contract says you aren't getting these days off then you've signed agreeing to the alternate arrangement.
    (I've also seen a contract sheet with a tick box for every condition like this that can be chosen not to apply)

If you regularly get new rosters and you want this to apply to you then I'd mention it before they just give you a new roster to sign.
    As far as I know you don't get paid for these days off, it's just to ensure that if someone is giving up a sunday then they get compensated elsewhen.

Does that make sense to anyone? If someone has a different interpretation then post it!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Clank_ View Post
    3% pay rise per year, not sure about other changes but the draft EBA is apparently floating around. Voting is August 20-Sept 7 instore.
    Well it has to at least rock up in store by the 20th August. I'll have a look next time i'm working to see if i can find a copy.

HSC

Well it has to at least rock up in store by the 20th August. I'll have a look next time i'm working to see if i can find a copy.
    Had a bit of a look tonight at work and couldn't find a copy of the draft EBA. Also, two things in relation to the new phone system. firstly with the current system and how some people have complained about the "Night Service" prompt being in the way at anytime you can press the Enter button (inbetween the two arrows) to clear it away. so if the phone is ringing you can press it to see who is ringing you (either a transfer or an internal one).

In relation to ECM i'm a little bit sad that my old store area is actually a pilot store for it. although most stores will probably see it in september.

HSC
    Uni Grad

apply
    Yes, theoretically you should be given a full weekend off every month, however the fact you signed the original contract is their butt cover as you have "agreed" to that - this was my experience as somebody who worked every Sunday for more than 5 years

HSC

Anybody else having their self serve shift hours changed?

Banned
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    Yes, theoretically you should be given a full weekend off every month, however the fact you signed the original contract is their butt cover as you have "agreed" to that - this was my experience as somebody who worked every Sunday for more than 5 years
    Townie is right.

You could be getting those days, but your contract has an "alternative arrangement"

HSC

(I was right first :P )

Basically it boils down to, is getting the sunday pay rates every week more important.

HSC

Thanks guys for the replies! I have been given a new contract, as they want me to do a close every week.
    The box that says "by mutial agreement i agree to forego the 3 consecutive days off, which include saturday & sunday, once every four weeks..." has not been ticked. Does this mean I'm in my right to ask for a sunday off once a month? how does it work, one week a month you only work, say 30hrs instead of 38?

The sunday rates really don't bother me, I was quite happy on my tue-sat roster.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm making a big deal over nothing. It's just that 4 new contracts in about 2 months, kinda gets a bit annoying after a while. feel like a casual sometimes.

HSC

Thanks guys for the replies! I have been given a new contract, as they want me to do a close every week.
    The box that says "by mutial agreement i agree to forego the 3 consecutive days off, which include saturday & sunday, once every four weeks..." has not been ticked. Does this mean I'm in my right to ask for a sunday off once a month? how does it work, one week a month you only work, say 30hrs instead of 38?

The sunday rates really don't bother me, I was quite happy on my tue-sat roster.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm making a big deal over nothing. It's just that 4 new contracts in about 2 months, kinda gets a bit annoying after a while. feel like a casual sometimes.
    I don't think the tick box is very important. What is important is the 4 week cycle detailed on the form. Like someone said, if you've put a 1 week cycle in the roster section and signed off on it then you are essentially signing away your sundays. if however you had a 4 week cycle where you worked sundays weeks 1 - 3 but on week 4 didn't then thats different.

Thread Information