Is it safe + good to fly with Jetstar? (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
i was looking around on their main page, i don't believe a return flight to Japan (Nagoya) would cost only $318 (JetSaver) do anyone think it's a good idea, would it be safe, etc? or should i stick with the destination's own airline + more money if i plan to fly overseas?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chicky_pie said:
i was looking around on their main page, i don't believe a return flight to Japan (Nagoya) would cost only $318 (JetSaver) do anyone think it's a good idea, would it be safe, etc? or should i stick with the destination's own airline + more money if i plan to fly overseas?
Someone I know was told by a Jetstar pilot that it is only a matter of time before one of their planes makes a burning hole in the ground. I don't remember exactly why, overworking pilots to cut costs or something.

...but I am still flying with them in a couple weeks.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
chicky_pie said:
I've flown with Jetstar interstate, seriously, no less than a dozen times in the past 2 years and I have never had a problem with them. They're generally on time unless weather is an issue, and I haven't had a problem with baggage or anything else either.

1harkina

HSC
ok firstly you have more chance of dying by getting hit by lightning than u do flying, having flown with many airlines and jetstar comparably they are fine and the airline would not be able to operate if it didnt comply with the strict safety measures

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Yeh its pretty safe, so long as you travel overseas because they have their brand new A330-300 which has a high standard of safety and maintainence, Whereas the interstate A320's are alright, but they are quite sky worthy.

Evilo

HSC
you're in a 1st world country... safety isn't really an issue. S

I remember being on a bus on a 3rd world country. While we are all sitting on the bus, the bus driver jumps out and refills the bus (with the engine running), then he pulls out a cigarette to enjoy :) oh yeah.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Evilo said:
you're in a 1st world country... safety isn't really an issue. S

I remember being on a bus on a 3rd world country. While we are all sitting on the bus, the bus driver jumps out and refills the bus (with the engine running), then he pulls out a cigarette to enjoy :) oh yeah.
hahahahahahaha people are idiots. reminds me dad was telling me about this patient he had at work who checked the level of petrol in a petrol tanker by sticking his head in for a look and then lighting his lighter because it was too dark to see anything. :eek: goodbye face. also a woman who stuck lit firecrackers in her mouth "to see what would happen". well she found out didn't she. fools.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hahahahahahaha people are idiots. reminds me dad was telling me about this patient he had at work who checked the level of petrol in a petrol tanker by sticking his head in for a look and then lighting his lighter because it was too dark to see anything. :eek: goodbye face. also a woman who stuck lit firecrackers in her mouth "to see what would happen". well she found out didn't she. fools.
whoa, those people sure know how to experiment ....lol

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hahahahahahaha people are idiots.
hahah yeah i was worried becuase there was like 40 of us in this tiny little bus :p
It was an accident waiting to happen. :uhhuh:

~ari

is well hung
HSC
No, it is not safe.

There is only one safe airline.

;)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha one of my friends' rellies said "Jetstar flights are too bumpy". I lol'd. Obviously they order the wrong weather to fly in.

I travelled to and from Nagoya with Jetstar in December/early January, and the flight was great. I paid for food and entertainment beforehand but I could have lived without it. The new airbuses are awesome, as comfy as any regular airline. Great service too.

The only problem is that the flights were late, to and from Japan, as a result of planes arriving late and a small radio problem. My friend travelled separately to us and her flight from Cairns was cancelled so she had to go to Osaka and transfer and was 4 hours late.

I'm sure this happens periodically with most airlines, though. Australia is a really safe country to fly in/from.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Australia is a really safe country to fly in/from.
Im sure this aint the case for all those people in "Lost" :S
:p

TanBeauty

HSC
I've actually travelled with them to Vietnam before. Their seats are actually quite omfortable. The only downside was that you ned to bring your own food, but for me i don't really like aeroplane food anyway.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
I've flown Jetstar interstate twice, and to Japan last month. It's really not that bad at all. The seats are quite comfortable. It just felt like any other plane.
The only downside to the international flight is paying an extra $30 each way for food. It was the worst tasting plane food I'd ever had and I wouldn't even pay $5 for it. So it's best to bring your own if you don't wanna starve.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
As far as budget airlines go, you're not likely to end up a smoking hole in the ground with Jetstar, because they're owned by Qantas.

And dude, plane food is plane food. It has a reputation.

boris

Banned
HSC
lol @ is it safe

can magic carpets really fly?

*hopeful*

HSC
the only thing i dont like about jetstar is how anal their staff is and how their all weird blonde clones with the occassional brunette, virgins staff is much nicer but who cares for such a cheap price anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)