Flying alone. (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I'll be flying alone for the first time on Friday evening. Kinda Nervous. Any tips ?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Is it just a short leg like Sydney-Melbourne? Or are we talking a overseas trip?

I have flown probaly 70 flights by myself as a passenger in a commercial aircraft, nothing to worry about, unless you are flying Garuda.

Lukybear

HSC
Is someone picking you up on the other side? If so, your journey should be swift and easy.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I'll be going overseas to Hong Kong, so probably 10 hour-ish flight. I'll get picked up by my relatives. Hopefully, it'd be a safe, easy, quick trip.

aussie-boy

HSC
I went overseas alone (was meeting my parents in a ski resort) in Jan and both connections screwed up significantly; I ended up being stranded by myself for about 3 days in various Asian/North American airports and hotels without being able to contact my parents except eventually via email.

It's only one flight from here to HK, and you know people at both ends. Short of an emergency landing in some random country what could possible go wrong?

louy

HSC
N/A
Nothing to be nervous about. Enjoy travel, look forward to new experiences and see something new.

Just be prepared, arrive early and dont miss the flight.

Whenever I fly, I always carry my travel bag. Inside is my wallet, passport and ticket. Camera, Ipod and Nintendo DS. Usually too excited exploring to play the NDS.

Good Luck and have Fun. Let us know how you got on !!

purplemonkey

HSC
In carry-on luggage would I be allowed to have a handbag with a chain strap? It would be inside my bigger bag. Sister doesn't think it would be allowed :confused:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It's easy.

Listen to the P.A. announcements, read the flight details... The usual. It's hard to get confused in an airport.

philphie

Banned
HSC
just pay attention to any announcements about your flight and fill out your forms correctly, not much else you can do or be worried about. oh and always go to the lavatory first before boarding.

philphie

Banned
HSC
In carry-on luggage would I be allowed to have a handbag with a chain strap? It would be inside my bigger bag. Sister doesn't think it would be allowed :confused:

no poblem with that, as long as it's small enough to fit in the overhead compartment then you're fine

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I am sure by now you must have gone through the experience of flying alone. Doing things on your own for first time are a bit scary, what if you make some blunder.. etc.

In my life I haven't travelled alone yet but this is something which I'd like to attempt.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
man air crash investigation has made me paranoid
It's funny how only the people who are paranoid about flying to begin with watch that show. It's never the people that believe: "Oh, it's never gonna happen to me".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)