Remember the T-Card? (1 Viewer)

BrokenGlass

HSC
Just wondering... Does anyone remember the T-Card? Did you ever end up using it?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Never even heard of it, so no, don't remember it.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
T Card? I am not familiar with that name, was it used for like ferries & trams?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It was supposed to be a substitute for my bus pass at school. Bit stupid really, had to swipe the T-card and show my bus pass anyway.

Siddy123

HSC
haha i remember it :p
we got them all taken off us, coz they cancelled it...
but as kaz said... it was pointless... still had to sow bus pass

D94

HSC
N/A
I remember, still have mine. It was efficient...until we were forced to show our bus pass as well :|

BrokenGlass

HSC
Good to know its not just me who thought it was completely and utterly useless. :haha:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It would've been good if it replaced bus passes. Which it sort of did since the machine went funny if you weren't going where you were supposed to (did it for me a few times when I was going to friends' places) but I guess it was pretty shit.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember it was such a waste of effort having to show my bus pass as well as tap on with the T-card. When the T-card readers didn't work the bus driver asked us to show both cards.

I think I was in either Year 11 or 12 so would've been 04/05?

D94

HSC
N/A
Fast track several years later, we now have the Opal Card. I wonder how concession will work considering how fail it was with the T card.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Fast track several years later, we now have the Opal Card. I wonder how concession will work considering how fail it was with the T card.
Just program the card with concession fares?

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
I still have it as well. I don't remember it being as flawed as the opal card and it was pretty much instant when you scanned it.

D94

HSC
N/A
Just program the card with concession fares?
No, that wasn't the issue with T cards - we are talking in the context of T cards. We were asked to tap our T cards but also present our concession pass as we boarded buses. That made the entire process inefficient and effectively made the T card pointless. Currently, high school students (16+) have a concession pass, and uni students also have a concession pass. Now with the Opal cards, if high school students also have to present ID, then Opal isn't exactly that much more efficient than what we currently have (although, T card was discontinued due to other reasons, but it was undoubtedly an inefficient process).

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
No, that wasn't the issue with T cards - we are talking in the context of T cards. We were asked to tap our T cards but also present our concession pass as we boarded buses. That made the entire process inefficient and effectively made the T card pointless. Currently, high school students (16+) have a concession pass, and uni students also have a concession pass. Now with the Opal cards, if high school students also have to present ID, then Opal isn't exactly that much more efficient than what we currently have (although, T card was discontinued due to other reasons, but it was undoubtedly an inefficient process).
well you know how UNSW gives that red stamp or holo on the card; maybe we can show an opal card next time instead of our student ID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)