Cityrail travel ticket problem (1 Viewer)

ww0811

HSC
for the Mytrain Monthly ticket from Padstow to Central, (NOTE: NOT MYMULTI)

Can I use the ticket for going to Redfern from mon-fri, and central on weekend

in other word, can i get off any station between Padstow-Central, such as Beverly Hills, Mascot, Wolli creek????

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
for the Mytrain Monthly ticket from Padstow to Central, (NOTE: NOT MYMULTI)

Can I use the ticket for going to Redfern from mon-fri, and central on weekend

in other word, can i get off any station between Padstow-Central, such as Beverly Hills, Mascot, Wolli creek????
Probably, since Redfern is before Central.

And I think so, as iirc, those stations are on the shortest path from Padstow to Central.

But why get a MyTrain Monthly? You can't get concessions with those, iirc.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you can, I bought a ticket to central from parra and I couldn't use it at strathfield

simplyinsanity

HSC
I don't think you can, I bought a ticket to central from parra and I couldn't use it at strathfield
That's strange. Around 2 weeks ago, I had the same return ticket and it allowed me to get off at strathfield

D94

HSC
N/A
It was a mytrain so I think you should be fine :)
The difference is that you can't get back into the station using that return ticket. The OP obviously needs to get back in, but since it's a MyTrain Monthly, he will be fine.

o0ohouseo0o

HSC
You should be fine, I always get a monthly to the City and get off at Redfern, and i've never had any problem :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I know a loophole in the system to save several dollars on a weekly if I want one to the city. (also applicable to one-off return tickets)

D94

HSC
N/A
I know a loophole in the system to save several dollars on a weekly if I want one to the city. (also applicable to one-off return tickets)
Is this the Pensioner-MyMulti "loophole"?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nup its legit. It works for everyone (adult/concession). ie. if a transit checked my ticket, I wouldnt get busted.
I think I know what it is now. Think of the shape of city circle and how the trains can come from the Wynyard side after Central or the town hall side of Central.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I know what it is now. Think of the shape of city circle and how the trains can come from the Wynyard side after Central or the town hall side of Central.
Close but I can save even more money using an another method to the one you suggested.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't quite get how knowing this could save one more money... (sorry for being stupid):)-wouldn't your final destination be the same regardless of which train stop you pass through? And when you buy a ticket to 'city', you can get off from any train station within the city circle line, and the ticket will be the same price regardless of which station on the city circle you get off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)