Pips For 2008 (1 Viewer)

parnell8

HSC
Hey i figured seen as there was a 07 one we should have on to haha

just a place to give ideas and hopefully benefit one another one our pips cause dam they are slightly important

I am cuurently goin through ideas for my pip and have decided it should be based around football(soccer) as it is basically the one thing i love to do n could spend 10 months studyin

Gender in football
perceptions of football past n present
surrounding environment in football--- performance n opportunity

these are three ideas wat do u think n do u have any ideas

aRzu..

HSC
hmm i guess u gotta do wat u can blabber on for pagez n pagez.. so i mite do - gender and society, perceptions of gender or sexism in contempory australian culture and within the afghan society (im afghan) du think that will get me markz n du hav any tipz...??????? lol HELP!!

aRzu..

HSC
P.S i think u shud include all of em buh go fully into depth wid one say gender cuz its evident n say how perceptions of football has changed from the past to the present n its impacts also include the environment for example men hav the opportunity to play football all over the world, buh women dont. football is seen as a menz sport...n so on,,,, i think its a real gud topic :)

N

noir.

@parnell8:

your PIP topic is not bad at all. Just try not to go into an immense amount of detail when it comes to soccer as a sport.

aRzu.. said:
hmm i guess u gotta do wat u can blabber on for pagez n pagez.. so i mite do - gender and society, perceptions of gender or sexism in contempory australian culture and within the afghan society (im afghan) du think that will get me markz n du hav any tipz...??????? lol HELP!!
You should do it on something that'll keep you sane for 9 months ;)
You can easily get over 25 with many topics; your one is pretty good, because it is personal and personal reflection as a methodology shouldn't be too hard at all.

I think your topic could be something like:

"A comparison of (male OR female - pick one to make it easiert for you) gender roles in the Australian and Afghan society"

You could interview/conduct a focus group/survey adolescents who have an Afghan background but have been raised or born in an Australian society, and then do the same with Anglo-Australians and compare.

Also, look at traditional gender roles in the Afghan culture, and contrast these to the values of the Afghan-Australian adolescents

*Beccy*

HSC
Hey guys... i was just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on some topics to do for my PIP!

aRzu..

HSC
yea thatz a gud wayy 2 put it :) lol so much worddsssss tho

aRzu..

HSC
hey um bek i think u shud go for sumthin u noe how 2 explain in great detail n sumthin that interests u cuz u can also get sumthin out of it in d end soo yea go for sumthin u find cool n try n get ur reader interestd as well ...... gud luck!!

N

noir.

you're going to have to improve your grammar if you want a decent mark sweetie ^

parnell8

HSC
hey thanx arzu

so wat ur sayin is to do all of them but kinda major it on one n use the others to support it in a less prominant role

if so which do u think is the one that should be majored

bonamy

HSC
i was talking with my teacher today and i have a basic idea for a topic...lth impact the place you have in a family has on you as a person...cross cultually comparing youngest and eldest children...what do people think

N

noir.

parnell8 said:
hey thanx arzu

so wat ur sayin is to do all of them but kinda major it on one n use the others to support it in a less prominant role

if so which do u think is the one that should be majored
What are you talking about? Perhaps you should have a look at the links on the PIP forum that help you choose a topic.

your topic should be NARROW and SPECIFIC. Not too muh mumbo jumbo. Refine your topic, and relate them to no more than 8 concepts.

The following areas may be of interest to you:

• Belief Systems
  • Culture and Ritual
  • Popular Culture
  • Gender roles
  • Technology
  • Leisure [always make sure that when you do something on this that it relates to solid concepts. STATUS and CLASS would be really good]

bonamy said:
i was talking with my teacher today and i have a basic idea for a topic...lth impact the place you have in a family has on you as a person...cross cultually comparing youngest and eldest children...what do people think
No. Seriously. No.

parnell8

HSC
QUOTED FROM NOIR

What are you talking about? Perhaps you should have a look at the links on the PIP forum that help you choose a topic.

your topic should be NARROW and SPECIFIC. Not too muh mumbo jumbo. Refine your topic, and relate them to no more than 8 concepts.

• Belief Systems
  • Culture and Ritual
  • Popular Culture
  • Gender roles
  • Technology
  • Leisure [always make sure that when you do something on this that it relates to solid concepts. STATUS and CLASS would be really good]
im talkin bout my topic selection for it n arzu sugested to do all of them and to elaborate more on one. but they all have a basis of football (soccer)

as to the narrow n specific part of ur comment im sure if it was so narrow n specific they wouldnt be askin for 5000 words if it was to be so specific. but yeh i agree it shouldnt be to broad but as perceptions have changed in different areas (environments) of the world so have opportunities and the optunities between male n female are greatly different so they are all interlinked.

the cross cultral content are time, gender and environment i dont really see many more then that comin into it in terms of concepts its not a cultral specific sport so it doesnt come into and social or spiritual beleifs. and status n class arent a greatly huge factor in the sport i mean take the 9 yr old whos grand parents put his film on you tube and he is now signed to the wealthiest club in the world so i dont see that as a good concept to include

thanx for the help it made me think of a few things n dig into the idea a lil more but im not 100% sure wat to do my teacher who has marked it for the board before thinks the perceptions one is great n so is the environment one.

Last edited:
N

noir.

parnell8 said:
QUOTED FROM NOIR

• Belief Systems
  • Culture and Ritual
  • Popular Culture
  • Gender roles
  • Technology
im talkin bout my topic selection for it n arzu sugested to do all of them and to elaborate more on one. but they all have a basis of football (soccer)

as to the narrow n specific part of ur comment im sure if it was so narrow n specific they wouldnt be askin for 5000 words if it was to be so specific. but yeh i agree it shouldnt be to broad but as perceptions have changed in different areas (environments) of the world so have opportunities and the optunities between male n female are greatly different so they are all interlinked.

the cross cultral content are time, gender and environment i dont really see many more then that comin into it in terms of concepts its not a cultral specific sport so it doesnt come into and social or spiritual beleifs. and status n class arent a greatly huge factor in the sport i mean take the 9 yr old whos grand parents put his film on you tube and he is now signed to the wealthiest club in the world so i dont see that as a good concept to include

thanx for the help it made me think of a few things n dig into the idea a lil more but im not 100% sure wat to do my teacher who has marked it for the board before thinks the perceptions one is great n so is the environment one.
Uh, it should be very specific.

E.g if you're doing something on popular culture, you need to narrow the topic down to ONE popular culture [anime, teen movies, rock music, wtva]. You CAN write 5000 words on a narrow topic. You're going to be using information from primary and secondary sources. Alot of PIPs will have personal reflection. there will be analysis' and evaluations.
You sure can write 5000 words. and you will go over the word limit. trust me, i've done my PIP ;)

It seems to me that you've got yours all worked out, and it's pretty good. You should only have ONE cross-cultural component [and you may end up saving a whole chapter for it, depending on whether the cross culture component is an integral part of your hypothesis]

If you need any more help, PM me anytime :)

Amy-ish

HSC
Howdy hey people

I have a few ideas, but I really only like one of them

And thats focusing on stereotypes and labels:
All the teenage labels- "Emo", "Goth", "Prep", "Jock", etc
And seeing how they have affected the social/physical/mental development and social interaction among youths/adoloscenets/young people.
I'm also having a look at labels from different eras, so I will be interviewing people, say from 1980s and seeing how they were effected, and seeing if they are any different from today's.

My other idea is entitled "My life is a cartoon"
Basically, this idea is looking at child cartoons and seeing if they are giving a false impression of the world on childern. Because I was watching a program for little kids, and it was so off center from what I used to watch as a five year old. Don't ask why I was watching it, it just happened lol. And I don't remember the name of the show...but it just worrys me. I mean sure, its great for a kid to have a creative imagination, but to me there is a point were it becomes to much and may affect them later in life...

Healthy/Construstive Criticism welcome much much!

Last edited:

Kimmynugent

HSC
Hey Everyone.
Im thinking about what i can do for my PIP.
I have come up with the idea of the way a career affects a person and their family.
Careers such as Police, Ambulance officers and Emergency workers.
My father was in the Police force for over 20 years. Due to many things he wittness throughout this time he has developed PTSD. From this he is now faced with depression and anxiety. This impacts majorly on our family.
1/3 of Policemen that leave the force become alcoholics. They cannot handle the things they were exposed to as an officer.
The basis of my PIP will be on the things officers have to go through, and how it impacts on them and their families.

Any suggestions would be greatly accepted.
Constructive criticism people please.

N

noir.

Kimmynugent said:
Hey Everyone.
Im thinking about what i can do for my PIP.
I have come up with the idea of the way a career affects a person and their family.
Careers such as Police, Ambulance officers and Emergency workers.
My father was in the Police force for over 20 years. Due to many things he wittness throughout this time he has developed PTSD. From this he is now faced with depression and anxiety. This impacts majorly on our family.
1/3 of Policemen that leave the force become alcoholics. They cannot handle the things they were exposed to as an officer.
The basis of my PIP will be on the things officers have to go through, and how it impacts on them and their families.

Any suggestions would be greatly accepted.
Constructive criticism people please.
Despite using the concept of family, your idea is NOT a PIP. It does NOT RELATE TO the course.

parnell8

HSC
hey despite a good response to my original idea for my pip i had thoguhts the other day for a pip regardin cheatin within relationships.

focus questions along lines of: # peaple perceptions on cheatin
# what are the signs of cheatin
# if cheated are u always a cheater
# what are the consequences of cheatin

With this idea im not sure if it would mark highly and/or it would be suitable to do. im also not sure on a cross cultural perspective to do i was thinkin maybe time n do a generation comparison but im not sure.

if any1 has any ideas or help for this topic even critism it would be helpfull

also thank u noir for ur critism on the other matter thinkin bout methodoligies makes me realise it is alot of words i guess

N

noir.

parnell8 said:
hey despite a good response to my original idea for my pip i had thoguhts the other day for a pip regardin cheatin within relationships.

focus questions along lines of: # peaple perceptions on cheatin
# what are the signs of cheatin
# if cheated are u always a cheater
# what are the consequences of cheatin

With this idea im not sure if it would mark highly and/or it would be suitable to do. im also not sure on a cross cultural perspective to do i was thinkin maybe time n do a generation comparison but im not sure.

if any1 has any ideas or help for this topic even critism it would be helpfull

also thank u noir for ur critism on the other matter thinkin bout methodoligies makes me realise it is alot of words i guess
Nooooo! that's not a PIP! it doesn't relate to society and culture AT ALL! With a PIP like that, you won't get any higher than 10 because it's not society and culture!

jen.r.allison

HSC
hey

yer i was thinking of ideas for my PIP and i had two main thoughts that keep jumping out at me, though i'm not sure how to actually make them questions, if you understand

so my main ideas went along the lines of:

*apathy in teens

*the emotional pull of hillsong and how it is influencing teens

mhm just not so sure
help anyone?
xox

jenamblegirl

HSC
So far, I'm thinking of doing something based around Mental Health and the stigma it carries in society.... and maybe putting in something about the way alternative therapies can be useful. I don't know though, so far it's the only idea that's really sounded like I could keep going with it for so long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)