Preliminary Society and Culture Students: PIP ideas (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
Although, legally we're not supposed to start the PIP until the HSC year, that doesn't stop you from mentally thinking of ideas and since we're so close to starting our HSC, people must have started thinking about what they're going to do.

So I'd to know if any Year 11 Society and Culture students have thought of some ideas to explore for their PIPs and if that is so, then what is it?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ha ha!! i feel sorry for you guys, your only just starting the PIP.... u just wait till u finish it, BEST FEELING EVER

good luck!

totodasmall

HSC
I want to do woman are better at child rearing than men and how it is biological i was arguing over it in extention english and realised it could be a good PIP idea

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I did something similar to this, though it was focussed on single male foster parents.

If you're taking it, as I assume you will that gender stereotypes are to blame, be prepared to find pretty much NO statistical or even basic secondary information that disproves the gender stereotype of males as bad fathers.

clo-ree

HSC
Either 'depression in today's society and its effects' or 'Anorexia and the mindset that goes with it'

xJennax

HSC
Its good if you want to start thinking about what you want to do early. I had no idea right until the last minute but ended up choosing a good topic. :p Just try to pick a unique one that isn't over-done.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
clo-ree said:
Either 'depression in today's society and its effects' or 'Anorexia and the mindset that goes with it'
Both over done and done to death topics.
Unless you can be so so so SO incrediably original
Don't.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
clo-ree said:
um i think this was sarcasm sonya.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
um i think this was sarcasm sonya.
please, please be sarcasm.
i think 20 people at my school alone in the past three years have done body image or some kind of mental disorder as a pip.
i remember we looked through past pips and those topics just kept coming up.
gah, they were usually really poorly done too.

Eoz500

HSC
im thinking of doing something about the differences between male and females thieves and investigating the reasons behind it and stuff....but i just came up with that then and i really dont know where else i can go with it....
if anyone has any ideas they would be GREATLY appreciated =D

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Eoz500 said:
im thinking of doing something about the differences between male and females thieves and investigating the reasons behind it and stuff....but i just came up with that then and i really dont know where else i can go with it....
if anyone has any ideas they would be GREATLY appreciated =D
Interesting idea, but might be a problem ethically.
How are you going to use primary research methodologies in researching this topic? Interviewing criminals? You would have to be quite careful and address ethical concerns of privacy, confidentiality...I like it though, it's different.

Eoz500

HSC
hmm good point.
ill have to work on it, thanks tho!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
You could narrow it down to a specific age bracket and petty crime if you desperately want to do it. You could interview a local Legal Aide lawyer, generically of course, about prevelance, could do a sit in on a court hearing for that age bracket for petty crime..

If this is something you're passionate about, then find ways to make it work, in terms of meeting course requirements and is ethically managable.

Eoz500

HSC
ok thanks for that.
also, i noticed that u did society and ext history, and i am too, and im a bit concerned about how im going to manage both projects.
you got any tips??

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
make sure youre in love with the course and can talk to your peers and teachers at any time. theyre vital. at one stage my ex history teacher literally carried me.

start right away. keep a journal aside from your logs. dont allow yourself to procrastinate.

cxlxoxk

HSC
haha giving advice to 09ers?

lol. well i dunno how i went on my pip.

all i can say is keep a log (i completely bsed mine the week my sac teacher told me to give the pip to her so that she could send it to BOS, or whoever marks them - just before trials).

also love the topic, or you're not gonna stick with it. i did fast food.

think of the pip not as a gay 5000 assignment, but rather a learning experience (it will certainly be one if you put your heart and soul into the topic).

abide by ethical research methods.

you'll be fine :) good luck yall.

Eoz500

HSC
i had a new idea.
i was thinking about doing the reasons why people gossip and the different stuff that influences it and maybe compare boys and girls..
is that overdone??

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
starting to muse over some ideas for next year
and i was thinking, something to do with
-our generation and seemingly dominate attitude of apathy
-public perceptions of mental illness
-the roe of literature in adolescence
-journalism and censorship (yes i love john pilger, so sue me)
... thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)