PIPs 2008 Showcase (1 Viewer)

gorby2008

HSC
let's post our pips up.
i'm so bored & sick of english that i want to read 08ers' pips.
anyone?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeahhh alright
My conclusion is bullshit... as is the rest, really.
But lol.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Social Stigmas Attached to Single Male Foster Parents in Australia Today

Woo

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
wixxy - "All Work & No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy...But What About Jacqueline?" possibly has to be the best pip title i have ever encountered. and i like the use of Orwell. he's one of my favourite writers.

sonya - "One respondent went on the say that they believed that “It’s just not a role for men, it’s just not in their make up to care for kids”, while many others expressed fears of “sexual abuse, physical assault… a lack of love in the home” as “men are more aggressive, less patient with kids.”... Only three responders expressed the belief that single men were as capable of providing love and care, as well as social and emotional developmental assistance. All acknowledged however, that they did have “some concerns about abuse”. "

my god!
that is absolutely ridiculous. it just shows how pervasive social constructs are & the effect of traditional gender stereotypes on modern perceptions.
that would have been such an interesting topic...but also really frustrating when you come up against people who perpetuate such stereotypes. Like...as if women don't abuse kids as well!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
fallenstar said:
wixxy - "All Work & No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy...But What About Jacqueline?" possibly has to be the best pip title i have ever encountered. and i like the use of Orwell. he's one of my favourite writers.

sonya - "One respondent went on the say that they believed that “It’s just not a role for men, it’s just not in their make up to care for kids”, while many others expressed fears of “sexual abuse, physical assault… a lack of love in the home” as “men are more aggressive, less patient with kids.”... Only three responders expressed the belief that single men were as capable of providing love and care, as well as social and emotional developmental assistance. All acknowledged however, that they did have “some concerns about abuse”. "

my god!
that is absolutely ridiculous. it just shows how pervasive social constructs are & the effect of traditional gender stereotypes on modern perceptions.
that would have been such an interesting topic...but also really frustrating when you come up against people who perpetuate such stereotypes. Like...as if women don't abuse kids as well!
It was very frustrating. I cried so many times, not because it was hard or I hated my pip, but because people were so disgusting about it.
It was like "of course single men shouldnt be foster parents, wth are you on about".

You liked it then, I take it? =d

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
It was very frustrating. I cried so many times, not because it was hard or I hated my pip, but because people were so disgusting about it.
It was like "of course single men shouldnt be foster parents, wth are you on about".

You liked it then, I take it? =d
yes, it was great. i certainly wouldn't have been able to suppress the innate desire to yell "OF COURSE MEN CAN BE FOSTER PARENTS!" at the survey respondents...and i can't believe your friend's mother actually discouraged him from getting a job in DOCs because he could be seen as a paedophile. That says it all, really. God.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
fallenstar said:
yes, it was great. i certainly wouldn't have been able to suppress the innate desire to yell "OF COURSE MEN CAN BE FOSTER PARENTS!" at the survey respondents...and i can't believe your friend's mother actually discouraged him from getting a job in DOCs because he could be seen as a paedophile. That says it all, really. God.
Hahaha, My society teacher was like "Rule number one. Dont abuse the responders"

He was actually my boyfriend, butttt saying "omg my bf said was kinda demeaning to the purpose of my PIP

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Hahaha, My society teacher was like "Rule number one. Dont abuse the responders"

He was actually my boyfriend, butttt saying "omg my bf said was kinda demeaning to the purpose of my PIP
hahah yeah, good idea in changing it to 'friend' otherwise it would've sounded all 'my poor boyf'...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
fallenstar said:
hahah yeah, good idea in changing it to 'friend' otherwise it would've sounded all 'my poor boyf'...
Exactly, it sounded retarded being like 'omg my bf cant do wut he wunts!'

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
mmmmm im scared to post mine up.... promise only constructive critisisms?

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
mmmmm im scared to post mine up.... promise only constructive critisisms?
totes.
it's just annoying to receive nasty criticism AFTER the pip has been sent away. it stresses you out and wrecks that feeling of accomplishment.
so post it on up, i say. i'd love to read it.
i'm gonna upload mine when my dad gets off the other computer, which, coincidentally, has my pip stored on it.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
mk....

This is my almost but not quite finished PIP, my finished one is at my bf's so dont mind the little bolded notes etc.

Topic: How and why people form bias in regards to the sydney rave scene

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
"The stereotyped cultural practices of the rave scene, namely the drug use and fast repetitive music, made me think others believed rave culture had a very primitive social structure, that it was simply a group of underachieving teenagers who got together and zoned out to mindless music, not at any stage did I consider there to be macro knowledge of a stratified hierarchy with its own value specific subcultures and practices."

You write really well. I liked it, because this is one of those topics that could have been done really poorly (a girl at my school did it a few years back and basically concluded with the idea that raves = drugs with no analysis of the stereotype) but you did it really well and also succinctly.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
"The stereotyped cultural practices of the rave scene, namely the drug use and fast repetitive music, made me think others believed rave culture had a very primitive social structure, that it was simply a group of underachieving teenagers who got together and zoned out to mindless music, not at any stage did I consider there to be macro knowledge of a stratified hierarchy with its own value specific subcultures and practices."

You write really well. I liked it, because this is one of those topics that could have been done really poorly (a girl at my school did it a few years back and basically concluded with the idea that raves = drugs with no analysis of the stereotype) but you did it really well and also succinctly.
thank you... ussually people hear i did my PIP on raves and go, wow, your shit, ur gonna get a band 1

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
fallenstar said:

Agreed, you've got a great personal voice and you backed it all up very well.

And Jenna, doooooittt!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
This thread has been viewed 139 times and 3 pips have been posted.
C'mon guys, don't just read everyone's...Post your own.
& my workaholic father is still on the computer with my pip on it. sigh. tomorrow morning i may be able to snatch it off.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
sonya:
woww i really like your PIP
it's so... good.
and you gave out 800 questionnaires?!
like... whatttt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)