PIP ideas anyone? (1 Viewer)

bananabutt

HSC
So far, possible ideas relate to childbirth, the differing methods e.g. water birth, home birth etc. and the social prejudices/opinions regarding these methods. For example, home births are often seen as being "irresponsible". The cross-cultural aspect is between generations, for example, my grandmother would most likely not have had the option of water birth. Possible methodologies include Interview, Case Study, Questionnaire.... The typical ones. Discussed this with my society & culture teacher who was incredible unenthusiastic and suggested that it was too narrow. Any ideas on how to broaden it or relate it to more concepts? And any PIP ideas of your own?

cxlxoxk

HSC
bananabutt said:
So far, possible ideas relate to childbirth, the differing methods e.g. water birth, home birth etc. and the social prejudices/opinions regarding these methods. For example, home births are often seen as being "irresponsible". The cross-cultural aspect is between generations, for example, my grandmother would most likely not have had the option of water birth. Possible methodologies include Interview, Case Study, Questionnaire.... The typical ones. Discussed this with my society & culture teacher who was incredible unenthusiastic and suggested that it was too narrow. Any ideas on how to broaden it or relate it to more concepts? And any PIP ideas of your own?
omfg post in right forum section.

xJennax

HSC
Wow that's weird your teacher didn't really like it...we were always told our topics were too broad and to narrow them down haha.
I think it sounds like a really interesting topic. I was born in the bath at home and I remember my mum telling me how my nanna was really scared about it haha.

Shezz90

HSC
thats actually a really good topicc .. ye we were told to always narrow it down , coz if its too broad it becomess reallyy descriptive etc :) , buht thumbs up coz yur topic is unique .

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Been done before. Check Heinemann S&C text, in the PIP section theres an example based around home births.

But, make it your own and it should be great.

bananabutt

HSC
Yeah, I saw the example in the textbook. So at least it's not unrealistic, and obviously appropriate if it was in the textbook, yeah?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)