help with pip idea... (1 Viewer)

stalkergirl

HSC
im unsure what to do i have researched so many topics and i always end up hating the ideas after i reseach..but my Most recent idea is to study teenage shopping habits, compare male and female and the development and change of shopping over the years…not sure if it’s a crap topic..help??

LAMBERS16

HSC
stalkergirl said:
im unsure what to do i have researched so many topics and i always end up hating the ideas after i reseach..but my Most recent idea is to study teenage shopping habits, compare male and female and the development and change of shopping over the years…not sure if it’s a crap topic..help??
I just finished the Society & Culture HSC course... so I know what you're going through!
I've got a few ideas to help you choose ur topic..
What's something your passionate about? An interest, hobby, activity.. etc. Like for my pip, I chose footy.. coz I love it lol

For ur idea about shopping habits, I reckon its pretty good.. but I have 1 suggestion: base it on ur local community. That way, its not as broad and difficult and u can easily access ur local shops - interview shoppers etc. Plus, HSC pip markers love pips about local communities. Gives the pip a sense of originality about it. Thats what I did too, lol.

Good luck with it!! I'm warning you now, dnt be lazy like some ppl and leave it til last minute, get all ur interviews and surveys typed up or at least drafted now - while ur not at school and things arent as hectic!!!!

any more questions, msg me :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
stalkergirl said:
There are always those people who get too indecisive with their PIP topic. By the sounds of things its possible this could end up being you. If this PIP idea (teen shopping) does not turn out, or the next one, or the next one, my advice is to just grit your teeth and go with a final topic even if you are not 100% on it.

Obviously this is not a preferable outcome and will not reap the very best results you can achieve, but sometimes it is necessary as PIP's researched and written at the very last minute are often quite mediocre, even if they are on topics the students are really into.

This is as PIP ideas develop and become more complex with time, thought and deep research, often students will only scratch the surface of a topic if they leave it too late. Mind, some brilliant student can pull fantastic PIPs out of nowhere at the very last minute, but this is a small minority and it is much safer to begin early.

As for your current PIP topic, TALK TO YOUR TEACHER. I cannot stress this more. Don't do it in class time, book some time with your teacher during lunch or a study period where you can really discuss and develop your idea, work out what will and will not work, ethical considerations, what you want to explore and what methodolgies you will use to do it, how you will carry out the methodolgies as well as their appropriateness. Talk about how to make your PIP stand out etc etc, most of the time, SaC teachers are excellent at sorting this out.

If your SaC teacher is rubbish, do it anyway, you may be suprised at how helpful they are. If they are still rubbish after that, consult another SaC teacher at your school if available. If not, google 'Society and culture, Dear Pippa (or 'Pipper') Here you can send e-mails regarding your PIP to experienced HSC marking SaC teachers. I found it to be very helpful when doing my PIP. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)