Intro (1 Viewer)

layale

HSC
im struggling with my intro, are we supposed to be writing like we have already done it or not. the problem of tense is really confusing me

for example.

for the cross cultural i will look and gender

OR
for the cross cultural i looked at gender??

cxlxoxk

HSC
a pip example (my pip 08) - u can read it, but don't like imitate it, cos i don't think its great...i got 23.5/30 for the pip on whole i think - you'd want more (HSC MARK * 0.3 - is that accurate for figuring out mark?)

Intro is on page 3.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
(HSC MARK * 0.3 - is that accurate for figuring out mark?)
If so then i got like 28, cool, i didn't know you could figure it that way.

To the OP, you would say "for the cross cultural i looked at gender". the introduction is NOT an introduction to your central material, it is an intoduction to the PIP as a whole, how you formed your idea, why, what concepts you used, methodologies. Even though its an introduction, its best to write last so you can properly introduce your PIP and not miss out on things, hence the past tense. I wrote and rewrote mine several times over the year.

This was my original intro, ive missed out and changed a lot of things from it but you get the jist.
Introduction

Its 4AM, you’re returning home from a night of lasers, dramas, dancing, and friends, as you sleepily step off the train a wealthy looking business man on his way to work mutters under his breath. You assume he has made a derogatory comment towards you, a raver, accusing you and your culture of drugs, deviance and stupidity. You console yourself in his utter ignorance as snobbish rich man. The business man settles down in his seat in the carriage, reminiscing his days as a teenage punk rocker after noticing a disheveled raver getting off the train. As he unfolds his paper headlining “dance party nightmare” he assures himself he was never as bad as the youth of today…

Having attended raves for over 2 years, I originally thought of focussing my question around why the public discriminated against rave culture and whether their bias had any valid standing. It was during the research stage that I realized I had been quite hypocritical, forming unfounded bias myself over how the general public viewed the Sydney rave scene, me included. Where I had been critical of the public’s use of media representations for fact, I had done the very same thing, forming bias without any real knowledge of the truth. This made me think, how and why do people form bias regarding rave culture?

As my focus question was based largely on the inner values and opinions of different groups of society within Sydney, I centered my research on qualiatatative methodologies that allowed me to gain deeper insight into the reasons behind these values, in order to understand the nature of biases. I decided to use personal reflection, interview, and surveys to help me to create a number of flexible hypotheses which I could then attempt to back up and prove by analyzing mass statistical information obtained through use of quantitative research, predominantly case studies, data and content analyses. Through out my research I had to be mindful of ethical research when conducting my qualiatative methodologies due to the controversial nature of my PIP

To further my understanding of how and why bias was formed, not just by me, but by the general public, I decided to compare the public’s macro experience of the rave scene with my micro experience, effectively making my entire PIP a large cross cultural comparison. I decided to do this to explore how personal experience held up against public knowledge and vice versa in terms of both myself, other members of the rave scene and the general public. As a result, my cross cultural comparison provided me with many different societal elements to consider when addressing bias, not just my own.

The key concepts that I applied within my research were those of society, culture and persons on an Australian scale and how other factors such as technology and physical and physiological environment influenced these key concepts to create social stereotypes and form bias. I studied these elements from both a macro and micro perspective, assessing how these two experiences influenced assumptions and resulted in continuities and changes of how Sydney rave culture was viewed over time. These concepts often had different influences and effects on each other and the forming of preconcerted ideas than what I had assumed at the beginning of my PIP, often surprising me but also making me a more socially and culturally aware individual.

Last edited:

0hNivlek

HSC
The intro is so hard to write out of all sections imo!! :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)