Cross-Cultural Component (1 Viewer)

Jazzie_09

HSC
This is my first time on here & im not sure if it has been spoken about before but I was wondering if anyone out there could with me with something?

Im doing a speech about how far i have gotten with my PIP. My topic is about Muslims & how they are or are not accepted within Australia. I know its kinda typical but it's something I can relate to in a way. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you thought the cross-cultural component might be because at the moment i'm stuck!

cxlxoxk

HSC
My ideas:

- Compare how well accepted Muslims are in another country (eg. USA), and compare it to Australia.

OR

- Ask yourself whether muslims would be better off staying in their muslim country? Compare staying in muslim country, to living in Australia as a muslim.

Note: my ideas aren't good ideas, they are just ideas!

HSC
i like the above one.

the USA one or another country. show how they may be more accepted in another country or less accepted than australia.

or you could do female vs male.

do we except muslim girls more easily because they don't look like 'terrorists'?

or males because the females look 'different' to us with their clothing choices.

Edu.kid

HSC
You could talk about appearance. For instance how a muslim women not wearing a headscarf is treated and one who is. You also talk about how muslims were around for decades in australia particularly during the 1980s and how they hardly made news headlines and weren't even well known about, however post 9/11 they were placed in media spot light and fear campaign was the catalyst for anti-muslim sentiment. The US one is really good.

nurdalurt

HSC
This is my first time on here & im not sure if it has been spoken about before but I was wondering if anyone out there could with me with something?

Im doing a speech about how far i have gotten with my PIP. My topic is about Muslims & how they are or are not accepted within Australia. I know its kinda typical but it's something I can relate to in a way. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you thought the cross-cultural component might be because at the moment i'm stuck!

Hey. If you are not Muslim then that is your cross cultural. The cross cultural component is basically doing a perspective different from your own i.e the 'other'. I think finding primary research on american muslims would be hard. You could look at different Muslim nationalities and their varying assilimation and acceptance of Australian society.

Hope that helps.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)