Is the PIP questionnaire about asking people's opinions and thoughts (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I'm in the midst of constructing my questionnaire for the PIP. If your PIP was on say something like can society exist without religion, which was an award winning PIP btw, would you be asking the questionnaire responders for their opinions, thoughts, ideas on various aspects of your project. Is the questionnaire about collecting some primary research and getting information for your topic on the opinions of people on your subject. Because I'm worried they might not know, or they won't give good answers.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Would you be asking the questionnaire responders for their opinions, thoughts, ideas on various aspects of your project?
Of course! To determine the way they view certain things. “They” in your research are the general society. So, basically what society thinks of your topic, which is integral in your PIP.

For a topic like the religion one, it is purely opinion. The questionnaire should be centered on the participant envisioning how there life would be like without religion. So, you may give them a scenario, and the may figure it out. Or your questions would be: How did you know what was “right” and “wrong?

Is the questionnaire about collecting some primary research and getting information for your topic on the opinions of people on your subject?

Yes, it is. Its to see there view on certain things, to introduce that cross-cultural component so you can analyse it, and mould it into your research. Generally, the questionaire is the most central piece of primary data gathered. You get so much from it!

Because I'm worried they might not know, or they won't give good answers.

If they do not know, disregard them. Or use it to your advantage. One of my questions for my PIP was “Describe the process of menstruation” and out of 73, only 15 people knew what it was. I used that to my advantage and said look how flawed the educational system. And the “good answers” part is why you select a larger sample size from all levels of educational backgrounds.

PM me your topic if you like. I’ll give you more assistance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)