Anime as a possible topic for PIP (1 Viewer)

senseiiam

HSC
Hi everyone, so I got informed on my PIP and I really wanted to do something on the impact of globalization of anime/manga on teenage girls and boys in Australia and the trends that surround it. I was wondering if this was overdone by any chance or if someone has done this before and they found enough information for it? I was thinking of doing a participant observation and a focus group as I plan to go to supanova next year and really immerse myself in the popular culture. is this a good idea?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Weeb lel
I did a similar topic back in yr 10 about cosplay culture.

But it is gonna be hard to find info on this topic, going to a convention won't make much of a difference imo just a bunch weebs gathered in one place. But by going to a convention, you can interview people about shiet. How are you gonna find trends/stats lol everyone just pirates anime manga. Maybe you can also research about anime industry slowly failing due to piracy?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
That's actually funny cos when she originally I was like umwot lol I had no idea about the whole weeb subculture
The reality of neets is actually kinda dark
relates to suicide and shiz

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
The reality of neets is actually kinda dark
relates to suicide and shiz
Oh :/ I think she focused more on how they're always in heroic-type postions, but yeah I'm not really informed on the whole issue so this 3 sentence convo on the topic is probs all I'm able to sustain :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)