Inappropriate PIP topic?? (1 Viewer)

gemdora

HSC
hey guys; i'm kind of new to the whole forum thing so i'm not toally sure how it works, but i'll give it a go!

i was told by my in-class society and culture teacher that my topic (' How have social attitudes changed towards tradition as a result of globalisation) and case studies (FGM, Chinese feet binding, Breast ironing and Giraffe women) have been rejected by my in-class teacher- do you think this is an innapropriate topic? please help!! xx

Chris55555

HSC
I personally don't view it as "inappropriate" or unethical, however the reason it may have been rejected is because it could potentially be very shallow. When I say this, I mean that there might not be the depth to your project that markers love and award the higher marks to. Other than that, I don't see why it would have been rejected..

Let me know if you need any help!

jkhoo

HSC
It is absolutely not inappropriate! I think you should be commended on wanting to investigate a different and controversial topic that isn't just 'social media' or 'teenagers' or 'gender'. I think if you have an idea on exactly how you want to approach the topic, with depth and nuance, you should be able to talk to you teacher about it. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)