How to integrate interviews? (1 Viewer)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I'm wondering, how would you include an interview into your central material. I'm trying to finish my PIP (still) and I'm not sure whether to include a transcript of the interview, or to set it out more like "When I asked the interviwee 'this', they responded with 'blah', which shows this"
What do you think?

Kulazzi

HSC
This is how I set mine out:

For example, ******* was originally a Christian however converted to Theravada Buddhism at the age of fourteen. ******* felt religion is fairly important and both her parents were of Australian ethnicity although her father is an Atheist and her mother, too, converted to Theravada Buddhism. The conversion was for the reason that ******* did not really understand the moral values that her God had sent down.

“…..I think the big difference between my experiences of Christianity and Buddhism was the ‘why’ factor…the pastor referred to homosexuality as ‘sick’ in the context of a joke…my aunt is a lesbian, and I never saw any evidence that it was hurting her or anyone else.”
*******, during an interview

The motive for *******'s conversion may be because the Western society is now very modernised and adopts more of a fresh concept of the world today...
I first analysed my findings and then put the quote in to use it as, what you can say, "proof".

I don't think you should put the transcript although you could. I'd prefer your second option better.

Last edited:

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Yeah, I thought that would be best as well, it certainly flows better :) Thanks for your input, much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)