Introduction (1 Viewer)

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
okay, so my teacher want me to hand in an introduction, TOMOROW.
so i just made one up
if anyone has ne ideas on what to change
however this will NOT be the one i use in my actual pip
i only did a quick copy and paste job from several places
but i have to hand it on tomorow
so any ideas
??

My intention through my investigation into bullying is in the direction of to determine why children bully, and the effects it may have on the bystander. I chose this subject mainly because all the way through my school years I have seen numerous times bullying, discrimination and harassment in action in addition to the effects it has had on my peers, As well as the effects it has on those who sit around and watch. The bystander.
I will be doing a cross cultural comparison between kids who are ethnically bullied and those kids who are targeted for other reasons. I.e. being overweight.
I will be looking at the figures and statistics from the late nineties in addition to the past few years and attempt to increase my insight into the thoughts and emotions of the bystander.
My personal interest projects theme is associated with Society and Culture throughout obvious and apparent conceptual and theoretical relationships. The Concepts such as, change, beliefs, society, family, gender, time, stereotypes, roles and values will be explored in the itinerary of my project.
To move toward to a concise ending, I plan to bring into play an assortment of methodologies varying from content analysis to interviews.
Interviews will shape the foundation of my study. In choosing interviewees they will fall in the category of either, bystanders, past bullies as well as those who have been victimized. Throughout the application of surveys, I plan to question males and females between the ages of 12 and 18. This will structure the foundation of my plausible scenario, I moreover plan to survey the public in my neighborhood community to distinguish how they view this issue and its state at the moment.
Through content analysis I will glance at a variety of different medium categories including television shows, newspapers, magazines in addition to the Internet, to observe how they depict the issue. Some of this will moreover shape the base of my secondary research.
Through the employment of statistical analysis, I resolve to be able to study tendencies inside Australia’s general public, in addition to also looking at future potential and possibilities.
At the conclusion of this project I expect to arrive at an enhanced understanding for why this dilemma is becoming an increasingly larger predicament for students in secondary schools, in contemporary Australia.

Kulazzi

HSC
Introduction

First Paragraph

• What is your PIP about and why did you choose the area of enquiry?​

Second Paragraph

• What is your central hypothesis? ie what are you setting out to prove via this research?​

Third Paragraph

• What methodologies have you employed in this research and why?

• Justify your selection of research tools - what are their advantages and why are they best suited to your research topic?​

Fourth Paragraph

• Explain how your PIP ivestigation will address the cross cultural component

• Remember to explain how this cross-cultural perspective will allow you (the reasearcher), to empathise (identify) with the "other"

• Also remember to explain how this cross cultural study presents you with a view that is beyond your normal realm of experience​

Fifth Paragraph

• This paragraph should allow you to round off the introduction.

• It should also explain how this PIP "journey" will enhance both your investigative skills and your socio-cultural literacy​

I can't really find your hypothesis? Is it that kids are bullied because they're overweight? They can't speak english properly? Because they're just "different"? You need to state and explain your hypothesis.

Put

To move toward to a concise ending, I plan to bring into play an assortment of methodologies varying from content analysis to interviews.
before

I will be looking at the figures and statistics from the late nineties in addition to the past few years and attempt to increase my insight into the thoughts and emotions of the bystander.
Because looking at stats is content analysis .'. you should state that first before you go into details about it.

I think you need to expand on your conclusion.

Just follow what I quoted above. It is fairly straightforward and if you follow it step by step then your intro should be fine. I think it's all over the place, first you said you are looking at stats from the 90's, then you go in a different place altogether by stating what your concepts are, and then you go back talking about your methodologies.

Also, expand on your concepts. Explain them. How does gender impact bullying? What about time? Are you going for a 10 year difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)