What to include in appendix? (1 Viewer)

jaihson

HSC
Hey everyone, just after a bit of advice.
I've done my PIP on the changing representation of masculinity in advertising. My central methodology was a media analysis of 357 advertisements from 1950's and 2000's. In discussion I incorporate about 50 of them to demonstrate change, however I'm not sure whether to include all the others? Also, I have decided to include the ones i discuss in an appendix and cross-reference them to preserve clarity and coherence in my argument, otheriwse alot of pages will have pictures, a few lines of text and then more pictures; which will result in the argument becoming quite disjointed. Do you think this is ok?

Abbeygale

HSC
The notes from the marking centre, regarding appendices-

'The syllabus makes no allowances for the use of appendices. Any information deemed significant to the project, for example a blank copy of a questionnaire, should generally be located within the Central Material. By including such information in the Central Material there is greater potential for it to be more effectively integrated. '

It would be difficult for me to give advice unless I saw the PIP itself- I have a lot of trouble dealing in generalities. So I'll just leave you with that. I'm sure someone else will have more helpful advice for your PIP specifically.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
i received contradicting info about appendices. half of the teachers there, including my own teacher, said that appendices should be included whereas the other half said not to. i believe my own teacher. if you do have an appendix, like i do, then you should put interview questions, your focus questions and most importantly, a copy of your questionnaire in there as well. do not stick in any transcripts or secondary research in there - futile i guess, as we should be integrating all of that into our central material. it is up to you whether you have an appendix or not, if you do i am pretty sure you aren't penalised but if you don't, they wouldn't even notice.

Kulazzi

HSC
my teacher told me you could put your primary research stuff in there but it won't contribute to the mark

jaihson

HSC
Yes yes i am aware the syllabus makes no allowance for the use of one, but i think that is referring more to copious amounts of extra words and people cross referencing sections and making the markers read full articles and transcripts.
My pictures WOULD be included in my central material, but as i said, the argument will become very disjointed and lack coherence if there are 2 pages of pictures seperating paragraphs of text. I would instead, put them in an appendix section for the marker to refer to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)