Referencing Your PIP (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
One of the most acceptable way of referencing your PIP is to use the Harvard Style of Referencing. When you go to University, you will most likely to be asked to use this style of referencing as well.

The following attachment explains how it is done.

mishka

HSC
N/A
That looks like a really helpful guide! :D

Another pointer is to reference as you go. This means, when you take something from a book, have a file (or a bit of paper, so long as you don't lose it or have millions of them!) dedicated to writing up the books PROPERLY.

It will save a lot of time and heartache!!! If you get a really great quote from a book you borrowed from your library, and forget to write down the details of the book, you run the risk of plagiarising because you have a quote but not where it came from. I actually left my referencing to the last minute - it would have been so much nicer to be a bit organised!!

What I might do is create a database for you guys to download and enter the details into it as you go along :)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I agree with mishka about referencing as you go.

Also, do your annotated bibliography as you go. I spent almost the entire last day before PIPs were due writing how each reference was useful, because I had to go back to every single one and try and remember. If you're rushing it at the end, it's easy for your annotations to sound really repetitive.

mishka

HSC
N/A
ok so I've put together a simple table as a word file which you can add to and copy, etc. It should have everything you need - use the "Other important stuff" column for things like web addresses, journal volumes, etc. Hope it's of some use :rolleyes:

You can either print out and handwrite the information on it (maybe easier) or type it straight in. :)

s1mplykat

HSC
mishka said:
ok so I've put together a simple table as a word file which you can add to and copy, etc. It should have everything you need - use the "Other important stuff" column for things like web addresses, journal volumes, etc. Hope it's of some use :rolleyes:

You can either print out and handwrite the information on it (maybe easier) or type it straight in. :)
YOUR A LEDGEND MISHKA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)