Satnav/GPS recommendations (or good websites for info?) (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering if there are any good websites which cater for Aussie GPS/satnav systems. I wanna buy one but haven't got much clue about them. I tried my mate's Voxtrack (quite old) and it wasn't too shabby- it got me where I wanted to go but I saw the limitations (eg. wants me to u-turn when i miss a turn, no option to go on roads with no tolls, no easy way to recalc route if there's an accident, asked me to do illegal turns several times, etc...)...

I heard Tomtom is pretty good.

Are there any good sites which review these things or any personal experiences?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Buy a car which has it as an option.

Personal recommendations:

BMW X5
Porsche Cayenne
Range Rover

And all other good vehicles :)

Zozo6969

HSC
y would u need one? most of the time ur travelling local, and if u werent, just read the signs or take 2 minutes out to look at a $30 street directory

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Zozo6969 said:
y would u need one? most of the time ur travelling local, and if u werent, just read the signs or take 2 minutes out to look at a $30 street directory
My job requires me to travel to client sites all around the place including places I've never been before. That, and whilst I like having a handy street directory, after using satnav yesterday (even though it was a crappy one), it made my life alot easier as I had to navigate to areas I had never been before- and roads had been closed.

Grimesy

HSC
Tomtom is very good would highly reccomend you wont be dissatisfied it includes speed camera alerts etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)